Whether you’re looking for carbon credits, locally-grown foods, or a responsible reception for your wedding, you’ll find many green options at Hawaii’s Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. The resort’s new Sustainable Nuptials Package offers a special and memorable wedding ceremony that’s also socially responsible.
Working with the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai wedding planner, couples customize the details of their package. To offset the carbon footprint of traveling to Hawai’i and staying at the resort, the package includes a carbon credit to one of several organizations in Sustainable Travel International or STI’s carbon offset portfolio. (Carbon Offset Portfolio currently consists of myclimate™ (Verified Emission Reductions and Certified Emission Reductions); Bonneville Environmental Foundation or BEF (Green Tags); and Conservation Carbon from Conservation International.)
Price: The Sustainable Nuptials Package costs $10,050.
The Package: The Sustainable Nuptials Package includes:
– Wedding planner’s eco-expertise
– Choice of outdoor wedding location (before sunset to save electricity)
– Carbon credit to offset wedding’s carbon footprint (up to 25 guests)
– Teak chair set-up (for up to 25 wedding guests)
– Marriage license appointment (within walking distance!)
– Non-denominational officiant to perform ceremony
– Solo acoustic musician (guitar, ‘ukulele, or violin) for one hour
– Consultation with florist (who will recommend the best locally-grown flowers)
– Bridal bouquet
– Groom’s boutonniere
– 2,000 dendrobium orchids sprinkled at the wedding site
– Floral lei for up to 25 Guests
– Natural ‘ohi’a wood or bamboo wedding arch
– Two-hour photography package
– Two-tier wedding cake with floral topper
– Bottle of champagne on wedding night
– Steam press wedding dress and groom’s attire
– Ground transportation from/to the Kona International Airport
– 50-minute Couples Massage at The Hualalai Spa
All details of the ceremony and reception can involve the important concepts of recycle, re-use, and reduce ideas. The resort partners with local farmers and fisherman to create sustainable, regional, seasonal menus.
Outdoor weddings–with no air conditioning and/or electricity–are tops; you can also consider silk lanterns lit by compact florescent bulbs and clean-burning natural bees wax candles. For the reception, use biodegradable and sustainable bamboo plates, utensils as well as cocktail napkins and cups are used during the reception. The resort will donate your potted plants or flowers from local growers for centerpieces to local hospitals or elderly care establishments after your event.
“Since its introduction this month, our Sustainable Nuptials Wedding package has generated significant interest from brides and grooms to be,” said Jennifer Gillis, wedding planner, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. “More and more couples are seeking custom, eco-conscious weddings.”
For More Information:
• call 1 (808) 325-8000 or 1 (888) 340-5662