Before we bid farewell to 2010, let’s take a look back at the stars who began to sport sparklers this past year. Which celebrities do you think received the nicest ice during the past 12 months?
1) The world’s most recognizable engagement ring revived interest in royal romance once again as flashing camera lights danced on the facets of a blue sapphire and 14 small diamonds during a photo call celebrating the betrothal of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Wedding watchers first caught sight of the sparkler, which was created by Garrard Jewellers, on February 24, 1981– the day that Prince Charles announced that Diana Spencer would be his bride. Blessed by a mother’s love, the ring– although touched by sadness in the past– now marks the start of a happily ever after for Princess Diana’s son.
2) Hilary Duff, who once starred in the romantic romp A Cinderella Story, celebrated the start of her own happily ever after in February when she received a 14-carat engagement ring from sports star Mike Comrie during a dream destination getaway to Maui. The $1 million sparkler led to an August walk down the aisle.
3) In February 2010 Nicole Richie began to sport a sparkler as unique as her December I do’s. Neil Lane created a 4-plus carat masterpiece which featured an octagonal row of rocks hugging a larger diamond.
4) Reality TV romantic Ali Fedotowsky will change her title from Bachelorette to bride in the future– a change signified by the Neil Lane ring she received from Roberto Martinez. Totaling 3.03-carats, an Asscher-cut diamond creates the crowning glory for a band encrusted with 184 round brilliant-cut diamonds.
5) In the language of gemstones, a ruby symbolizes happiness, love and passion, and judging by the smile on her face ever since she received her engagement ring from football player Eric Johnson, the fiery facets of the gem, which is embraced on either side by a diamond, reflects Jessica Simpson‘s merry mood as she starts to plan a life together with the man she loves.
6) She may currently be a star of the reality series Basketball Wives, but Evelyn Lozada will be a football wife in the future. The bride-to-be showed off her sparkler from Jason of Beverly Hills on Twitter, stating: “I’m no rabbit but 10 carats looks good on me!! Let the hating begin ▸▸▸▸▸▸▸ Let’s go!!!!! *Wink*” 7) She may have taken The Diary of Alicia Keys to the top of the Billboard charts back in 2004, but 2010 gave the multi-Grammy winner plenty to jot down in her journal. After receiving a 7-carat sparkler from Swizz Beatz earlier in the year, the stunning songstress said “I do” to the music producer on the French island of Corsica in July.
8) She may have begun her career with the single “Blue,” but now LeAnn Rimes is tickled pink over her 5-carat ring from actor Eddie Cibrian. Making the season bright for the singer, the Polacheck Jewelers ring consists of a platinum band holding aloft an oval diamond wrapped with rose gold fleur-de-lis for a nostalgic nod to engagement rings of the past.
9) Kellie Pickler, who rose to the top of the Billboard charts with her tune “The Best Days of Your Life,” knows that the best days of her life lie ahead as she prepares to pledge her love to her beau, Kyle Jacobs. The singer debuted this stunning sparkler in June 2010.
10) Glee star Jane Lynch no doubt felt like singing when she received this Doyle & Doyle pre- “I do” design from soul mate Lara Embry, who slipped an identical ring on her own left hand. The Crossover Twist style sparkler, which is sprinkled in 0.03-carats of diamonds on a platinum band, was paired with a wedding ring on Memorial Day.
Photos courtesy Picapp; Businesswire