While designer gowns play the starring roles when it comes to award show couture countdowns, we thought we’d take a look at how Hollywood’s leading men measured up in the style department at the 81st annual Academy Awards. Here’s Lovetripper’s choices for the evening’s best attire on today’s A-list actors:
1) While he may not sparkle like vampire Edward Cullen, Twilight star Robert Pattinson dazzled his dedicated fans in classic Dolce & Gabbana, earning him the top spot in our tally of Tinseltown tuxedos.
2) No one can question that he deserves the title of People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” after last night’s performance. Hugh Jackman became the hottest host in recent Oscar history as he stood on stage in a black Burberry tuxedo.
3) Having been dubbed People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” in both 1995 and 2000, modern movie icon Brad Pitt may reclaim the honor after his Academy Awards appearance in Tom Ford formal wear.
4) Like his onscreen persona, 007 Daniel Craig left his female fans in the bleachers at the Kodak theater shaken and stirred when he walked the red carpet in a Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo.
5) Following in the footsteps of Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly, Zac Efron‘s dynamic dance moves sizzled on the big screen this year in High School Musical 3, and on Oscar night the teen idol looked just as dapper as the legendary Hollywood hoofers in his Dolce & Gabbana tux.