Las Vegas is always a popular choice for bachelor and bachelorette parties…but it’s an equally good option for couples as well. Although the city has definitely followed the high road in terms of luxury resorts and restaurants (you have to look really hard to find those bargain buffets these days), it is still easy on the budget during these tough economic times.
And Las Vegas remains the Wedding Capital of the World. Weddings can be as simple or as elaborate as you like here, just the two of you in front of an officiant (and an Elvis-impersonating officiant if you so choose) or an elegant affair with all your family and friends with a backdrop of fountains dancing to “your” song. It’s your choice.
We’ve enjoyed numerous visits to Las Vegas and always have a good time taking in some of the most spectacular hotels in the world, incredible shows (our favorite: the Cirque du Soleil show KA), shopping malls that are an attraction in themselves, and people watching that can’t be beat. Here are some of our favorites in Sin City:
- Renewing our vows at the Little Church of the West Wedding Chapel:
- Watching the “sky” change in the Forum Shops:
- Enjoying the ease of getting around downtown Las Vegas (which can have real traffic bottlenecks along the Strip) thanks to the Las Vegas Monorail:
- taking in the spectacular view from the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris, Las Vegas
- watching for newly-married couples enjoying gondola rides at The Venetian
- meeting “Elvis” at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
- enjoying some casino fun