Offering brides-to-be a harmonious marriage between the classic styles of yesteryear and contemporary aesthetics, a halo set engagement ring— which features pave diamonds encircling a more prominent stone– holds not only a centerpiece gem, but also the promise of a happily ever after in its embrace.
Over the years halo set engagement rings have played a prominent role on the world stage thanks to the stars who have sported the sported the sparklers:
- Acting as ‘bridesmaids’ for the center stone, pavé diamonds frame the 3-carat pear-cut diamond atop the Ryan Ryan ring worn by Katherine Heigl, the star of such maritally-minded movies 27 Dresses and The Big Wedding, while Amy Adams, who starred in The Wedding Date , is no doubt Enchanted by her 1-carat brilliant cut creation framed in delicate diamonds, which was fashioned by jeweler Jean Dousset.
- Enhanced by a supporting cast of pavé diamonds, an Asscher-cut diamond takes top billing on Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow’s engagement ring; Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson’s dream ring is a 5-carat Neil Lane number accented by two halos, their facets winking in the sunlight during a proposal on a beach, while Benjamin Millepied proposed to Oscar winner Natalie Portman with a Jamie Wolf-designed eco-conscious creation complete with a heavenly double halo which hovers around an antique four-carat round diamond.
- Halo set engagement rings have put a song in the hearts of several hit makers, including two-time Grammy winner Kelly Clarkson, who rocks a Johnathon Arndt-designed ring consisting of small white diamonds that let a yellow canary diamond take center stage. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon’s “Vision of Love” includes the singer’s $2.5 million Jacob & Co. engagement ring– a 17-carat number complete with a 10-carat blush pink diamond nestled within a cluster of smaller white diamonds.
- Fashion Star judge Nicole Richie’s Neil Lane number, which features a traditional four-carat round diamond framed by an octagonal halo, is as unique as its wearer, while fellow reality personality Sean Lowe’s (The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars) search for a soul mate on the small screen led the prospective groom to present bride-to-be Catherine Giudici with a 3.15 carat Neil Lane treasure containing a classic cushion-cut diamond hugged by 164 smaller diamonds.
- A crowning moment in the history of halo set rings, on February 24, 1981 the world watched as Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer announced their intention to say “I do” by showing off a 12-carat Ceylon sapphire wrapped in a wreath of 14 diamonds. Once again representing royal romance, today Princess Diana’s Gerrard-designed ring rests on the finger of Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge.
Photo Credit: ClipArt.com
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.