One lucky travel-loving twosome who are ready to tie the knot can celebrate the start of their marriage on Mexico’s Riviera Maya as the winner of Vela Resorts’ just-launched wedding contest.
From October 1 – October 31, 2011, couples from the US, Latin America, Mexico and Canada who are committed to saying “I do” are cordially invited to submit the story of their proposal along with an optional photo of a joyful moment together to Velas Weddings, Xcaret and Xel-Ha Facebook pages. A random drawing on November 1, 2011 will result in 10 finalists, who will be notified the following day. Votes from the public, which will be cast on Facebook between November 2 – 19, 2011 will determine the winner, who will discover on November 20, 2011 that they are the betrothed lovebirds who will fly to Mexico to begin their lives together as husband and wife.
The winning couple will receive:
- A Mayan ceremony at Xel-Ha, the largest natural aquatic park in the world.
- A legal ceremony for the bride and groom and up to 15 guests at Xcaret eco-archeological park. The nuptials include complimentary flowers and music.
- A four-day/3-night stay in the Ambassador Pool Suite at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, a AAA Five-Diamond retreat.
- A welcome repast at the resort’s restaurant, Piaf.
- Dolphin swim courtesy of Delphinus
- Souvenir shopping spree Luxury Avenue
- A chance for the couple to commune with nature on tours courtesy of Rio Secreto.
- Beach-side cocktail hour
- Hair and makeup for the bride
- Wedding decorations
- Wedding cake
- Live music
- A three-course wedding reception
- $250 gift certificate from Diamonds International
- Photography by Humberto Castilla
- A “Trash the Dress” photo shoot by Dream Art
- A gift certificate from Ultrafemme
For more information regarding the $25,000 prize package: