Happily ever after can now begin in a fairy tale frock modeled after the storybook heroines who helped to mold each young girl’s dream of marital magic. Alfred Angelo and Disney debuted the premier collection of wedding wear, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo, at the National Bridal Market in Chicago on October 2, 2010.
Keeping a keen eye on “I do” trends, Alfred Angelo designer Michael Shettel created seven silhouettes inspired by Disney’s animated leading ladies. Women ready to exchange vows with their Prince Charming can be a true princess bride by donning one of the following:
- An ode to the ocean’s treasures, the Ariel gown features pearl beading, sequin sparkled and re-embroidered lace fashioned into a curve-conscious creation with a mermaid skirt.
- A true “dream” dress, Aurora’s/Sleeping Beauty‘s silhouette has an ethereal skirt with pillow soft ruffles that will give the illusion of floating down the aisle.
- The draped waistline and ultrafeminine ballgown skirt on Belle‘s dress will bring out the “Beauty” of any bride.
- Brides can keep on dancing long after the clock strikes midnight in a Cinderella gown, which is sprinkled in sparkles as an homage to the Disney darling’s glass slipper.
- A bejeweled neckline and low cut back offers a touch of exotic elegance to Jasmine‘s satin gown.
- Nuances of nature were added to Snow White‘s classic nuptial number.
- An asymmetrical bodice and ruched skirt gives a unique twist to Tiana‘s taffeta gown.
Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo will be available at Alfred Angelo Signature stores and select Alfred Angelo wholesale Partner Bridal Boutiques in 2011. Priced from $599 to $1,199, the dresses will come in a range of sizes to flatter any physique from size 0 to 30W.
For more information:
Enjoy a glimpse of the gowns in the following clip from Disney Living:
Logo courtesy Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo