Brides and groom’s who want to “go green” on their wedding day can pledge their love and protect the planet with Marriott’s Spirit to Preserve Program at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Along with smoke free guest rooms equipped with motion sensors to turn off lights and air-conditioning when not in use, recycled or sorted waste materials and the utilization of desert plant varieties at the resort to conserve water, the eco-chic retreat also offer the following earth-friendly features:
An abundance of natural nuances for the nuptials, including maple garden chairs for guests gathered outdoors to witness an “I do” amid the botanical beauty of a garden or the serenity of a waterscape.
Eco-Friendly Post-Wedding Festivities
After exchanging vows, newlyweds can celebrate their marital status with family and friends indoors or outside on Chivari chairs made of bamboo, seated around tables draped in either luxury burlap or Botela linens created of recycled glass. Couples can request that floral finery or organic designs decorate the area, and that soy candles help to illuminate menus made of recycled card stock, the soy ink print displaying such local and organic fare as:
Butler Passed Hors D’Oeuvres
- Organic Tomato and Mozzarella with Basil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Bruschetta
- Organic Brie on Brioche Toast Marmalade and White Fig
- Free Range Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce
- Cheese Tasting Plate with a Selection of Organic Cheeses, Fruits and Nuts
- California Greens with Organic Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, and Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Organic Seasonal Sorbet
- Roasted Free Range Chicken Breast with Braised Greens, Wild Mushrooms and Roasted Heirloom Potatoes
- Slow Braised Short Ribs with Creamy Polenta and Caramelized Shallots
- Ginger Almond Crusted Salmon with Seasonal Vegetables, Cauliflower Puree and Cabernet Butter
Organic Lemon Tart with Mascarpone Honey Cream
Finally, assembled wedding attendees can drink a toast to the couple’s happiness with Sterling Organic Cabernet Sauvignon and Casa Lapastolle Sauvignon Blanc, Organic Sparkling Wine and Pascual Toso. Organic beer and hard liquor is also available for an additional fee.
Wedding guests can also go green when selecting gifts for the bride and groom from JW Marriott’s Las Vegas Honeymoon Gift Registry. For more information:
- visit www.marriottregistry.com
The package, which is based upon 50 or more guests, starts at $135 per person.
For more information:
- visit www.jwlasvegasresort.com
Photos courtesy JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa