In the Caribbean, the island of Antigua has long been a top destination wedding location thanks to its wedding-friendly rules: there’s no residency requirement so you can fly in and say your I Do’s with no waiting period.
Now Antigua’s Jolly Beach Resort and Spa is offering two new destination wedding packages: the Silver Ribbon and Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Packages.
What They Include: Both the Gold and Silver Ribbon Dream Wedding Packages include
- the services of the resort’s wedding coordinator and staff
- the marriage license, certificate and legal fees
- round-trip transportation to the Ministry of Justice for the license
- the services of a marriage officer and witnesses if needed
- a bridal bouquet with the choice of roses, lilies, anthuriums or orchids (subject to availability
- and season) arranged in a Posy or Tear Drop
- a boutonnière for the groom
- a one-tier wedding cake with topper
- a tray of hors d’oeuvres
- fruit juice and a bottle of sparkling wine to toast the future
Brides and grooms will also receive a selection of resort gifts:
- a $40 voucher for a Couples Massage at the Palms Wellness Centre Spa
- a bottle of sparkling wine
- an intimate dinner for two
- Continental breakfast-in-bed
- a $50 voucher per couple for a Wadadli Cats cruise
- two souvenir mugs
- “Just Married” shirts
- the ability to send out ten e-mail wedding announcements
The Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Package: The new Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Package includes everything in the Silver Ribbon Dream Wedding Package plus:
- a four-hour wedding reception for between 26 and 40 people in the Hibiscus Banquet Room or the beachside Hammock Lounge decorated for the occasion. Hors d’oeuvres, a buffet dinner and drinks are served and a DJ will be on-hand to emcee the festivities and provide entertainment.
- A special menu of services at the resort’s new Palms Wellness Centre Spa. For the bride: bridal hair and makeup, manicure, pedicure, Palms Facial and Palms Massage. For the groom: a hair cut and a Palms Back Massage.
Wedding Venues: Couples can choose to have their ceremony at any location on the 40-acre property including two wedding gazebos — one on a mile-long Caribbean beach, the other overlooking the resort’s pool with views of the Sea.
The Price: The Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Package is $2,044.00 and the Silver Ribbon Dream Wedding Package is $699.00.
How to Make It a Free Wedding: The cost of the Silver Ribbon Dream Wedding Package is free if in addition to the bride and groom the wedding party books at least 5 rooms for a minimum stay of seven nights each. For couples booking the Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Package with a wedding party booking the same, the cost of their Gold Ribbon Dream Wedding Package will be $1,345.00. Prices include 20.5% government tax and service charge.
Room Rates: All-inclusive rates start at $173.00 per person, per night based on double occupancy for a Standard Room through December 20, 2008. Children 3-16 stay for $54 per night when sharing a room with two adults through December 20, 2008, and kids under 3 years old stay free at Jolly Beach anytime.
For more information:
• call 1-866-905-6559
• visit www.jollybeachresort.com
• Call the wedding coordinator at 1-268-462-0061; or fill out the “Wedding Information Request Form” on the Jolly Beach Resort & Spa website.