We all love lists and so we were happy to run across this list of the top wedding invitation trends for 2008 from Wedding Paper Divas:
• Non-traditional shapes. How about square or tea length cards?
• Bright Colors & Unique Color Combinations: Invitations, wedding place cards and programs are getting bright with yellow, turquoise and lime tones. We thought this seemed like a great choice for destination brides opting for a tropical wedding.
• Time-Honored Monograms: Every year the bridal industry wonders if monograms will go out of style, but they remain as popular as ever. Whether on save the date cards, wedding invitations or wedding thank you cards, classic monograms are still au courant.
• Mother Nature’s Finest: We’re all trying to go green as much as possible these days so it seems perfect to incorporate a natural feel in the invitation with things such as a leaf or flower motif. We think this would be perfect for a mountain wedding.
• Modern toile: Toile inspiration is making a contemporary comeback with classic and highly intricate scenes designed with unusual colors.
• Something old, something new: Ecru paper and letterpress printing are a new trend for today’s bride.
• Get Cultured: More couples are adding a little ethnic flavor to their stationery, whether through cultural motifs, meaningful quotes or relevant color combinations. We think this is a great way to add local flavor to a destination wedding!
• Wedding Websites: Very popular with destination brides, these pages include details about the couple, their courtship, and their wedding. Couples are encouraging their guests to read more about their event or even RSVP online by adding the URL to their wedding website directly onto bridal shower invitations and wedding invites.
Photo courtesy Wedding Paper Divas