Whether the seeds of romance have only recently been sown or if love is in full bloom, traveling twosomes will no doubt discover that their relationships will grow when they embark together on a floral design theme cruise.
Setting sail on April 21, 2013, passengers can take time to smell the roses aboard the Crystal Serenity, which will take botanically-interested lovebirds from Barcelona to Venice to visit some of the most romantic and renowned gardens on the Catalan coast and French and Italian Rivieras.
Among the sights on the sea-faring sojourn:
- An exploration of Venetian squares and private courtyards, including a foray into the fragrant floral creations of Italian modernist architect Carlo Scapa inside the 16th century Palazzo Querini Stampalia museum and library.
- From the verdant vision of succulents to the shade of umbrella pines, a love of Monte Carlo’s landscape will blossom as guests tour the Cote d’Azure’s French, Spanish and English-influenced garden designs and enjoy an epicurean adventure as they learn how to cook with flowers.
- Barcelona’s conservation-focused Botanical Garden will offer a virtual bouquet of ideas for any traveler with a green thumb, and those infatuated with floral finery will be drawn to the beauty that surrounds Gaudi’s architectural masterpieces at the Park Güell.
- When in Rome, romantics will discover Renaissance gardens which has provided a dramatic backdrop for sightseeing soul mates for nearly 450 years.
On board, Britian’s celebrity floral designer, Paula Pryke, and Sybil Sylvester, founder of flower “creative think tank,” Wildflower Designs, will also offer hands-on workshops and presentations in floral design, arrangement, and other floral-related topics.
For more information:
- visit www.crystalcruises.com
Photo Credit: PRNewsFoto/Crystal Cruises