When Texans think of a vacation spot in the Lone Star State, we often look to the Alamo City. It brings back memories of childhood field trips to the Alamo, romantic strolls on the River Walk, Christmases beneath thousands of tiny lights, and family fun at the theme parks. It's also one of the most romantic getaways in Texas, perfect for hand-in-hand strolls along the River Walk, through its many historic attractions, browsing in world-class shops, and dining at highly-praised restaurants featuring cuisines from around the globe.
If you and your special someone will be planning a trip to San Antonio this summer, be sure to check out the SAVE – San Antonio Vacation Experience. This special program features savings on all aspects of your San Antonio vacation, from accommodations to dining, attractions to shopping.
San Antonio boasts some of the state's best hotels and resorts, and some of the greatest bargains are found in the accommodations offerings of the SAVE program, especially at top-notch River Walk properties. The highest demand for rooms in San Antonio is found along the River Walk or Paseo del Rio; these are also the city's most expensive hotel rooms. Some properties you might worry would be out of your budget range are affordable, though, thanks to this program. SAVE Hotel partners include many romantic River Walk properties like Grand Hyatt San Antonio, Hyatt Regency San Antonio on the Riverwalk, San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk Hotel, Hilton Palacio del Rio, The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio and others.
The savings continue with attractions in the Alamo City and beyond into the Hill Country. In San Antonio, the two of you can stroll hand in hand at the San Antonio Botanical Garden (with some great indoor gardens, too, perfect for beating the summer heat) or cool off at Splashtown! Water rides join thrill rides at both SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas northwest of the city. Just north of San Antonio, the community of New Braunfels is also home to some SAVE attraction partners: Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, a drive-through wildlife park, and Schlitterbahn, truly a Texas-sized water park!
SAVE attraction partners include SeaWorld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbahn, Splashtown, Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, San Antonio Botanical Garden, and more!
With so many choices, the only difficulty is choosing an itinerary! Although we travel to San Antonio often to research our guidebooks, here's a look at our top choices, each with special savings through the SAVE program:
- The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio: Looking for a hotel that has as much to offer as San Antonio itself? Then head to the Westin Riverwalk. Each of the 473 guest rooms and 66 suites boasts “The Heavenly Bed,” with cozy down bedding that is sure to satisfy any fatigued guest. The hotel also features 24-hour room service, concierge service, safe-deposit boxes, wake-up calls, a business center, a health club, sauna, spa services, and an outdoor heated swimming pool. This property is the perfect choice for romantic travelers who want to make their accommodations another attraction on their trip. With the SAVE program, you can snag a room at rates from $119 to $179.
- SeaWorld San Antonio: SeaWorld may be best known for its marine life, but the park also offers visitors plenty of chances to get wet. The park recently debuted “Aquatica,” an 18-acre aquatic park offering everything from thrill rides to animal experiences to sandy beaches. With the SAVE discount, you'll score family-four packs, second day free, $10 off admission and other discounts.
- Institute of Texan Cultures: Within walking distance of the River Walk, the Institute of Texan Cultures is a must both for Texas and for out of state travelers. Texas was settled by more than 30 ethnic groups from around the world, all honored at this museum operated by the University of Texas. You’ll find hands-on exhibits and presentations by trained docents, in addition to the schedule of festivals and major exhibits. With the SAVE program, the two of you can get tickets to the museum for the price of one!
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Fiesta Texas is a great day of entertainment for adults and kids alike. Located in a former limestone quarry, this enormous theme park includes includes a water park, games, music, the antics of Looney Toons characters, plus rides for thrill-seekers. The water park at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is a good place to escape the summer heat, with numerous water rides and attractions. The SAVE program offers numerous discounts such as adults for children's admission price, next day free, and buy one, get one free.
- Tower of the Americas 4-D Theater Ride: If you want a bird's eye view of San Antonio, head to the Tower of the Americas. This symbol of the 1968 World HemisFair remains a landmark for downtown San Antonio. Visitors get a 360-degree view of the city from the observation deck.you can now enjoy a one-minute elevator ride (traveling 7 miles per hour) to the observation deck, where high-powered telescopes provide a bird’s-eye view of the city’s sights. Eight panoramic photo panels help visitors locate major attractions. There are both enclosed and open-air observation decks, and at night the view is especially breathtaking. Top off your visit by taking in the sights of the Lone Star State in the Skies Over Texas 4-D theater ride; the SAVE program offers a $2 off coupon for your tower ticket.
- Natural Bridge Caverns: For all the fascinating attractions above ground, this region is also home to a very unique underground attraction. The largest cave in Central and South Texas is Natural Bridge Caverns, which takes its name from a rock bridge between two sink- holes, the original entrance to the mouth of the cavern. Local residents had known of the sinkholes since the 19th century, but there is evidence of much earlier visitors including bones of an American black bear at least 8,000 years old. The Discovery Tour is the traditional guided tour and takes visitors through enormous rooms that look like the playing fields of prehistoric dinosaurs with fanciful names like The Castle of the White Giants. With the SAVE program, adults receive $2 off Discovery Tour tickets and children receive $1 off.
Along with the many attractions, restaurants, museums, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shops covered by the SAVE program, you'll also find Limited Time Offers (LTOs). Be sure to check for deep discounts from SAVE partners; these are a great way to save on your summer vacation!
For More Information: