If flipping through the pages of Sports Illustrated‘s 2012 Swimsuit Issue has you dreaming of donning a bikini and striking a pose in paradise, here’s a look at the locations captured on camera during the magazine’s photo shoot in Zambia:
- Devil’s Pool provided a heavenly vantage point from which to view the cascading waters of Victoria Falls on Livingstone Island. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, the deluge of droplets seemed to applaud the scantily-clan sirens as they ventured into the shallow pool which allowed the models to be swept away by the natural beauty of the geographical phenomenon.
- The spray of water produced by Victoria Falls creates rainbows, and at rainbow’s end lies Stanley Safari Lodge, where SI‘s cameras also clicked. The romantic retreat is perched on a hill which overlooks the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, an UNESCO World Heritage Site which is also provided a daring backdrop for the magazine.
- The four models also looked into the photographer’s lens at Tongabezi Lodge, a five-star sanctuary for soul mates which is situated upstream from Victoria Falls. Deemed one of the 500 best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure magazine, the site offers such adventurous activities as canoeing on the Zambezi River, guided bush walks and sunrise and sunset boating.
- Just like Sports Illustrated swimsuit models Cintia, Genevieve, Irina and Kirby, intrepid twosomes can enjoy interaction with exotic animals thanks to Mukuni Big Five Safaris, which also played a role in the issue’s scenic displays.
- Named in honor of the famed explorer Dr. Livingstone, The Royal Livingstone is another five-star fantasy retreat that welcomed the Sports Illustrated crew. Also located near Victoria Falls, the high-profile hotel offers 173 en-suite guestrooms, each featuring its own private veranda where couples can reflect upon their stay in Zambia as they gaze at the reflecting waters of the Zambezi River.
For more information regarding a visit to Zambia:
- visit www.zambiatourism.com
Photo Credit: PRNewsFoto/Sports Illustrated