Make your Valentine’s Day weekend An Affair to Remember with Lakeway Resort and Spa’s Sleepless in Seattle Valentine’s package.
Certain to please the palate of any film-loving foodie, the resort’s Executive Chef Jeff Axline has created a special five-course dinner inspired by the romance classic, which soul mates can savor by the glow of the film’s flickering images on the screen.
The movie served as the muse for a menu which includes:
- The amuse-bouche course, consisting of Dungeness Crab Cake, tomatillo cocktail sauce, shaved asparagus and piquillo peppers.
- A first course which includes smoked Pacific salmon, cucumbers, chicory and parmigiano reggiano with Oregon truffles.
- A second course which offers pan-roasted duck breast, pinot noir poached pear, heirloom carrots and parsnips.
- A tasty third course complete with grilled filet of beef, lobster and butternut squash risotto and a red wine glaze.
- The culinary quest concludes with a chocolate mousse cake and valhrona chocolate ganache with white chocolate anglaise.
Following the feast, lovebirds can drink a toast to each other from a bottle of chilled champagne as they feast their eyes on their romantic overnight accommodations.
Lakeway Resort and Spa’s Sleepless in Seattle Valentine’s package is available for the night of February 11, 2012. Rates start at $330 per guest room package, plus resort fee and tax. When booking this package use the code 2012VDAY. There are a limited number of the packages available.
When: Saturday, February 11, 2012 Dinner starts at 7pm (this is the only dinner time); Lounge opens at 6pm with concession stand type snacks (tokens for the
concession stand are included in the Sleepless in Seattle Valentine’s package.)
Where: Lakeway Resort and Spa at 101 Lakeway Drive in Austin, Texas
For more information:
- visit www.lakewayresortandspa.com
- call 512-261-6600
Photo Credit: Lakeway Resort and Spa