Prior to the premiere of the new Guy Ritchie-directed movie Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, twosomes with a love of intrigue can unlock the mysteries of a hotel linked to the history of the world’s most famous detective thanks to a special package offered by The Langham, London.
Just as Baker Street is synonymous with the sleuth, so the hotel on Regent Street offers insight into passages of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s page-turners. Refreshed after its recent £80m refurbishment, The Langham, London still provides a vision of Victorian England, and a little imagination is all it takes for literary lovers to see in their minds’ eye the image of Holmes’ creator, whose passion for the landmark hotel (where he was a frequent visitor) led him to include The Langham, London in two Sherlock stories: “The Sign of Four” and “A Scandal in Bohemia.”
Through March 31, 2012, guests who book The Sherlock Holmes Package (priced at £595 per night) can enjoy:
- Overnight accommodation in the ‘Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Suite’– a duplex, garrett-style suite located in the hotel’s turret which offers views of the city skyline.
- English Breakfast for two persons in Roux at The Landau.
- Two tickets to the Sherlock Holmes London Walking Tour, which takes travelers on a trip back in time as they stroll past sites forever bound to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s stories as well as locations seen in the Guy Ritchie-directed Holmes mysteries.
- A gift from the Langham Book Butler – The Adventures of Sherlock Homes, which includes The Langham reference in “The Scandal of Bohemia.”
- Accommodation also available in a Classic Room priced from £265 per room per night.
The Sherlock Holmes Package is non-combinable with any other offer or promotion. Rates are per room for a one-night stay, based on two persons sharing, inclusive of VAT (at 20%), extra nights available at prevailing rates. Reservations must be made at least 7 days prior to arrival.
For more information:
A look at the luxury The Langham, London has to offer:
Photo Credit: Amazon