A dreamboat in the eyes of his fans, pop culture icon Rick Springfield will rock the boat (or, in this case, luxury liner) as ocean waves which carry passengers to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman roll back the years to the rocking tunes that ruled radio airwaves in the 1980’s.
Mark Goodman, one of MTV’s original VJ’s, will be the host of the Rick Springfield & Friends five-day getaway aboard the Carnival Destiny, which sets sail on November 5, 2011 from Miami, Florida. Although an annual event for the past three years, the singer has announced that the upcoming fan-friendly cruise will sail off into the sunset after the 2011 voyage.
- Rick Springfield may have climbed to the top of the pop charts with his single “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” but strangers will soon discover that they are musical soul mates as fans with a mutual love of their favorite idol join Springfield at a welcome cocktail party.
- Giving fans something to sing about, Rick Springfield will perform his chart-topping tunes and reunite on stage with the members of Zoot, the band that brought the singer his first taste of fame four decades ago. In a nod to his days in daytime TV, Springfield’s former General Hospital cast mate Jack Wagner (who currently stars on the daytime drama The Bold and The Beautiful) will serenade sea-faring spectators with his number one hit “All I Need.”
- The love poured into the lyrics of “Jessie’s Girl,” “Human Touch,” Love Somebody” and more will be evident as fans enjoy an intimate unplugged concert by Rick Springfield.
- Passengers can pose for souvenir snapshots and get the hit maker’s John Hancock.
- Rick Springfield answers fans inquiries at a Q & A, and soap viewers can get behind the scenes scoop on some of their favorite shows when Jack Wagner (The Bold and The Beautiful, General Hospital) and Doug Davidson (The Young and The Restless) join in the chatfest.
- Onboard drawings offer fans the chance to win Rick Springfield event opportunities.
- Passengers can drink toasts to their new friends at a farewell cocktail party.
- All guests will receive a swag bag filled with event-themed souvenirs.
- From early morning until “late, late at night,” passengers will have access to all of Carnival Destiny’s activities and facilities.
For more information:
Photo Credit: Rick Springfield & Friends Cruise