Irish eyes were smiling when Queen Elizabeth made her symbolic sojourn to the Emerald Isle, and in late May President Barack Obama will be greeted with “Céad mile fáilte” when he travels to the land of saints and scholars. In recognition of the historic visits, Ashford Castle is offering two unique packages which honor the iconic figures.
Priced at approximately $1,462 US dollars per person, based on double occupancy, the Royal Package includes:
- First-class train from Dublin to Claremorris
- Limousine transfer from Claremorris to Ashford Castle
- Two nights’ accommodation in the Royal Suite
- Clay shooting for two
- Falconry lesson for two
- Tour of the grounds with local historian Mick Maye
- Dinner on both nights at the George V Dining Room
A patriotic option, The Presidential Package– priced at approximately $3,103 US dollars per person based on double occupancy– includes:
- Helicopter transfer from anywhere in Ireland to the Ashford Castle helipad
- Two nights’ accommodation in the Presidential Suite
- Private dinner in room 224, replicating the scene and the menu of President Ronald Reagan’s visit
- Dinnertime entertainment by resident harpist Annette Griffin
- Guided walk with local historian Mick Maye along the same route taken by former President Ronald Reagan during his stay at the castle in 1985.
Both packages are available through June 30, 2011.
For more information:
- visit www.ashford.ie
Photo courtesy Ashford Castle