As the remaining bachelorettes vie for the love of Brad Womack during a dream getaway to South Africa, the lush landscape which provided the backdrop for episode nine of The Bachelor will win the collective heart of reality TV-watching romantics.
Airing February 28, 2011 on ABC, the show’s scenic sojourn takes the suitor and his small screen sweethearts to Lion Sands Private Game Reserve, situated on the banks of the Sabie River in Kruger National Park, where Brad Womack will take his dates on morning and evening safari game drives, enjoy memorable moments at the Chalkley Tree House and interact with pachyderms at Elephant Whispers.
While love often makes people feel as though they are floating on cloud nine, a helicopter tour will have the show’s passionate participants literally in the clouds as they tour the Blyde River Canyon in the Drakensburg Mountains.
All good things must come to an end, and one contestant will be plucked from potential soul mate status during The Rose Ceremony, which was held at Lion Sands’s Tinga Legends Lodge, a safari lodge guarded by a Jackalberry tree which is reputed to be over 200 years old.
For couples who are dreaming of their own South African adventure, South African Tourism and South African Airways Vacations have created The Bachelor Ultimate South African Getaway, a 10 days/7 nights package inspired by Brad and the Bachelorettes’ romantic excursion that includes the following:
- Roundtrip international flights from New York’s JFK Airport or Washington DC’s Dulles Airport
- Internal South Africa flights from Cape Town International to Kruger Airport, and from Kruger Airport to O.R. Tambo International in Johannesburg
- 4 nights’ accommodations with breakfast at the One&Only Cape Town
- A Bento Box for two with a sake tasting OR a Romantic Picnic for two with a bottle of House wine
- A couples massage in a couples’ treatment room at the One&Only luxury spa
- Full and half day Cape Town area tours to Cape Point and the Winelands
- Full day Great White Shark cage diving trip in Gansbaai
- 3 nights’ accommodations at the Lion Sands River Lodge, including cocktails and a night in the Chalkley Tree House
- 3 meals daily at Lion Sands, with two safari game drives daily with rangers and trackers
- Elephant Whispers interaction and elephant ride
Package rates start at $6,875 per person, inclusive of airline taxes and fuel surcharges, and are valid through January 15th, 2012. Packages are commissionable to travel agents at 12 percent of the entire package price, less fuel surcharges and airline taxes.
For more information:
For additional information regarding flights:
For more information regarding South African tourism:
- visit www.southafrica.net
Photo Credit: ClipArt