Standing like a sentinel on the shores of Lough Corrib and the River Cong since 1228, Ashford Castle is both a portal to the past and a gateway to the future for committed couples who book the romantic retreat’s Proposal package.
Available through April 30, 2011, the package includes:
- Two nights bed & breakfast in a Stateroom.
- Expert advice and dedicated time given to assist in creating the perfect moment and location.
- His and hers massage treatments.
- Candlelit dinner in the George V Dining Room on an evening of the couple’s choice.
- Rose petal turndown service.
- Glass of Champagne with strawberries and chocolates.
- Room service Champagne breakfast.
Traveling twosomes can also enjoy a range of activities during a stay on the former estate of the Guinness family, which was awarded a new life as a 5-star hotel in 1939. Couples can explore the estate on lake cruises, horseback riding at the nearby Equestrian Center, strolls among the floral finery of the Ashford Gardens, fishing on the banks of Lough Corrib and with a game of golf on a 9 hole course.
The proposal package is priced at €450 (approximately $615) per person, based on double occupancy.
For more information:
- visit www.ashford.ie
Photo Credit: Ashford Castle