The 2010 Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival is currently offering cuisine-loving couples the opportunity to enjoy a taste of the good life by bidding on gastronomic getaways in an online auction going on through October 15, 2010.
Sprinkled among the 155 insider packages and experiences from some of the food industry’s top performers are a generous helping of honeymoon locations for couples with a hunger to savor the flavor of a dishy destination vacation, including the following trips:
- A stay at The Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel, valued at $1,300.
- The Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris, with access to Spa Mosaic and dinner a deux at Le Safran restaurant, valued at $2,000. (Starting bids at $483 and $350, respectively.)
- A one-week stay in any Yades Greek Historic Hotels in Greece, with a romantic repast and wine tasting session with selected Greek wines, valued at $2,500. (Starting bid at $833.)
- A five-night stay and two-night stay at Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Rico, including transcendental spa treatments and an exclusive dinner party by the executive chef, valued at $1,465. (Starting bids at $350 and $488 respectively.)
- A getaway to Beach House Maldives, an island in the Indian Ocean, including round-trip seaplane transfers, guided art gallery tours with tea and spa treatments for two, valued at $11,500.
- A four-night stay at Grand Wailea, The Waldorf Astoria Collection, which includes dinner for two at Humuhumunukunukuapua’a’s Table 70, Hawaii’s most romantic table, valued at $3402. (Starting bid at $1133.)
A culinary-themed auction for a cause, all net proceeds will benefit the Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength. All bidding starts at one-third of the package value.
For more information:
Photo courtesy Picapp