Get ready to rock on the waves as the Carnival Destiny cruise ship cranks up the volume on a four-night cruise vacation with one of the alternative music scene’s most iconic bands, 311.
To show their appreciation to their fans, every other year the band hosts a special “311 Day” concert on March 11. In celebration of their March 2011 gig (3/11) the group, in conjunction with Sixthman, will chart a course for a memorable musical event with their first ever Caribbean cruise.
Here’s the 411 on the 311 cruise:
- Well wishers will say “Bon voyage!” in Miami to the passengers boarding the Carnival Destiny on March 3, 2011. The four-night nautical trip to Turks & Caicos returns on March 7, 2011.
- Each guest’s beaming smile as they board the vessel will be captured for posterity in a photo taken alongside the members of 311.
- No sea shanties will be sung aboard this cruise ship! Revelers will rock out to “Down,” “Love Song,” Don’t Tread on Me” and more of 311’s chart-toppers when the band takes the stage for three on-ship sets. Other music meisters scheduled to put the motion in the ocean are Pepper and DJ Soulman from Phunk Junkeez.
- Find out about the inner workings of a rock band and give requests for concert song selections during a Q&A session with 311 on the Lido Deck.
For more pre-sale ticket details:
- visit www.311.com/cruise
- Beginning August 17, 2010 visit the dedicated 311 Caribbean Cruise website http://311cruise.com.
Photo Credit: Will Byington/Sixthman