The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s memory will be celebrated on the rolling waves when Carnival Fascination sets sail for the 4th annual Elvis Cruise. Marking Presley’s 75th birthday year, Elvis’s friend Jerry Schilling will host the happening as fans embark on an all Elvis adventure, which heads out to sea on November 4, 2010 from Jacksonville Florida for Nassau, Bahamas.
- An array of musical artists forever linked to the music legend will provide the soundtrack to the five-day Elvis lovefest, including original members of Elvis’ TCB band, James Burton and Glen D. Hardin; the man who provided the heartbeat to Elvis tunes for 14 years, DJ Fontana; The Memphis Boys with Bob Moreno, who played rhythm section on such hits as “Suspicious Minds,” “Kentucky Rain” and “In the Ghetto”; Elvis’ Imperials, whose work with the King helped him to garner a Grammy Award; Joe Guercio, Elvis’ former conductor; Jamie Aaron Kelley, who earned from Graceland the title “An Ambassador To A New Generation of Elvis Fans.”
- Shawn Klush, Brandon Bennett and Bill Cherry, impersonators who have won the last three Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist contests, will have fans All Shook Up over their touching salutes to the Tupelo-born chart-topper.
- Flash back to Elvis’ film carer as Diane McBain and Warren Berlinger, his silver screen co-stars from Spinout, reminisce about their days in front of the camera with the King.
- Sit in on a screening of the documentary “Homecoming: Tupelo Welcomes Elvis Home” from filmmakers Roy Turner and Jim Palmer, who will share never before seen clips from their work.
- Take a trip down memory lane with Elvis’ friend and stylist Larry Geller, who will regale the audience with his memories of the world’s most beloved music star.
- Elvis Presley’s voice was heaven sent, and he often used his talent to sing praise to the Lord. Harmonize with fellow fans in the Voices of Graceland Choir’s gospel tribute.
- Sure to set your soul on fire, get a behind the scenes look at Viva ELVIS by Cirque du Soleil as the creative team shares video clips, photos and offers insight into the making of the Neon City’s newest spectacular.
- Other activities include theme nights, the Decorate Your Door contest, autograph sessions and more!
If you’re dreaming of a cruise featuring a true Elvis experience, Follow That Dream and book a bon voyage starting at $599. Ticket price includes all meals, non-carbonated beverages, the opportunity to put on your Blue Suede Shoes and dance the night away in the ship’s disco or try your luck at the casino, plunge in the pool on a giant waterslide and let your kids enjoy Camp Carnival facilities.
When: November 4 – 8, 2010
For more information:
Take a look at all the Elvis-related cruise fun in the following clip:
Photo courtesy Picapp