If you’re looking for a romantic getaway but plan to take the kids along, Beaches Resorts (the sister company of Sandals) is a great option. You’ll have the same all-inclusive plan but the kids aren’t just welcomed but worshipped with plenty of activities.
In the Turks and Caicos (just east of the Bahamas), the new $125 million Italian Village expansion has opened at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa. This new section offers 162 two-bedroom family suites featuring separate, custom-built bedrooms for both parents and children.
Features: The resort offers:
- the Turks & Caicos’ largest freshwater pool
- the Caribbean’s largest whirlpool, a new lobby
- five additional gourmet restaurants for a total of 16 dining choices at the resort
- a 7,000-square-foot upscale retail area
- a new lineup of teen- and tween-inspired programming
- in March 2009, one of the largest waterparks in the region with seven new slides, a lazy river and the Caribbean’s only surf simulator, plus an all-new aqua-themed nightclub, Liquid
Grand Opening Package: To celebrate the grand opening, guests who book a minimum three-night stay at Beaches Turks & Caicos’ new Italian Village by January 30, 2009 can save up to 60 percent off regular rack rates for travel between September 1, 2009 and December 19, 2009.
If you book a minimum seven-night stay by January 30, 2009, you can also enjoy up to two nights free for travel April 20 – June 5, 2009 or September 1 – October 31, 2009.
Also, Beaches has the wedding packages offered by Sandals, perfect for weddings that include young guests.
Photo courtesy Beaches Resorts