A reader once asked us what we thought the minimum time for a romantic getaway in the Caribbean should be. Three nights is a real minimum, in our opinion, but we always encourage travelers to stay four nights. Because of the travel day coming and going, it’s great to have three full days on the island instead of just two (which is what you get with a three-night stay).
So we were happy to see a new promotion offered by the Turks and Caicos Islands. The “Our Coast is Clear” promotion for travel through Sept. 30, 2008 offers the fourth night free when guests book three nights with any of the Islands’ 15 participants which range from affordable hotels and comfortable guest houses to upscale villas and five star resorts. Also, many Turks & Caicos operators are boasting special discounts on amenities and activities from spa treatments to snorkeling trips.
Properties Offering 4th Night Free: Here’s a rundown of the properties offering the fourth night free:
- The Alexandra Resort: rates begin at $200 per night.
- Aquamarine Beach Houses: offers accommodations for up to 36 people in three adjacent beach houses.
- Caribbean Paradise Inn; rates begin at $135 per night.
- Ocean Club Resorts: located on Grace Bay; rates begin at $179 per night.
- Coral Gardens on Grace Bay; rates begin at $199 per night.
- Neptune Villas: located in Chalk Sound on Providenciales; rates begin at $250 per night.
- Nikki Beach Resort Turks & Caicos Islands; rates at this new jet set property begin at $250 per night.
- Hollywood Beach Suites: located on North Caicos, rates begin at $253 per night.
- The Regent Grand; rates begin at $495 per night
- The Somerset on Grace Bay: a Small Luxury Hotel of the World, rates begin at $275 per night.
- Bohio Dive Resort: located on Grand Turk, rates begin at $299 per night.
- Turks & Caicos Club: located on Grace Bay, rates begin at $325 per night.
- Villa Renaissance: located on Grace Bay, rates begin at $325 per night.
- The Regent Palms: located on Grace Bay Beach, rates begin at $325 per night.
- Point Grace Resort: located at the point of Grace Bay Beach, rates begin at $383 per night.
More Discounts: Businesses are also getting involved with the “Our Coast is Clear” summer promotion. Operators including Anani Spa, Anacaona Restaurant, Blue Whale Excursions, Dive Provo, Dream Spa, Eagle Parasailing, Mirabella Salon & Spa, Oasis Divers, Ocean Vibes, Provo Golf & Country Club, Provo Turtle Divers, Sail Provo, Spa Sanay, Spa Tropique, and Teona Spa at The Regent Grand are offering activities at discounted rates such as special spa services and discounts on dive trips.
For more information: