In this summer of looking for ways to save money while traveling, this package caught our eye: the “Bicycle Built for Two” Package from New York’s Apple Core Hotels. During the month of July, the two of you can stay at any of Apple Core’s five hotels, eat lunch at Central Park’s Boathouse and bike for two hours through Central Park’s 843 acres — all for under $300!
Dates: The “Bicycle Built for Two” package is available from July 1 through August 3, 2008.
The Price: The package starts at $279.99.
The Package: This package includes:
- Accommodations in the heart of New York City
- Two-hour bicycle rental for up to two guests in Central Park*
- Hot dog/french fries/soda combo for two at the Express Cafe at Central Park’s Boathouse Restaurant
- Complimentary breakfast and in-room coffee
*Bicycle rentals are available for exclusive use within Central Park, particularly on the six-mile loop shown on the accompanying map. The selection of 60 new bicycles includes: cruisers, 21-speed, children’s, trailer, and tandem bicycles. This package only includes the rental of cruisers, children’s bikes, and trailers. Additional costs apply to the rental of 21-speed and tandem bikes. The Boathouse bicycle rental is located next to The Boathouse in the center of Central Park, just a short stroll from Fifth Avenue and 72nd Street.
The Hotels: Apple Core Hotels’ properties include the La Quinta Inn Manhattan (17 West 32nd Street), Red Roof Inn Manhattan (6 West 32nd Street), the smoke-free Comfort Inn Midtown (129 West 46th Street), The Hotel at Times Square (59 West 46th Street), and the Ramada Inn East Side (161 Lexington Avenue).
For More Information:
• call Apple Core Hotels at (800) 567-7720 and mention the “Bicycle Built for Two” package
• visit www.applecorehotels.com/promos/bicycle and use package code “BICYCLE”