We’re seeing more “green hotels” these days, properties that are making a serious effort to be eco-friendly in terms of everything from rooms to restaurants. We just received word that RockResorts, a luxury hotel company that emphasizes the natural settings of its resort locations, is launching a brand-wide “Green Weddings” initiative beginning this summer. From the majestic mountains of Vail to the authentic adobes of Santa Fe, the two of you will now be able to say “I Do” at a RockResort without saying “I Don’t” to Mother Nature.
Green Options: The “Green Weddings” offerings at RockResorts will give you plenty of options from initial planning until the last guest leaves the reception including:
• Suggestions for recycled paper invitations and creatively designed electronic “save the date” announcements
• Resources for the future bride and groom covering preferred vendors for wedding dresses, tuxedos, bridesmaid dresses, etc.
• Opportunities to partner with an environmental non-profit, such as the National Forest Foundation so the two of you can donate money in lieu of extra extravagances such as a Viennese table or cordial bar.
• Availability of environmentally-friendly car, limo and shuttle service to and from the airport and during the wedding and other related events
• Natural, indigenous spa treatments for the wedding party
• Access to community-based volunteer projects in the surrounding region for family and guests to partake in.
• Stylists that use natural/organic cosmetics and health care products
• Preferred photographers that solely use hi-res digital photography
• Use of cleaner-burning soy candles during the ceremony
• Resources for vendors that offer organic flower petal confetti and organic flowers that the bride and groom can use throughout the reception
• Eco-friendly table centerpieces
• Organic wines and beers, focusing on unique regional and local offerings
• The use of organic and locally-grown and produced food for menu options
• Organic wedding cake and other confections
• Suggestions on eco-friendly wedding favors
The various eco-friendly offerings mentioned above for the RockResorts “Green Weddings” program may vary depending on what resort you choose.
Environmentally Engaged Program: Not ready to tie the knot just yet? RockResorts is also offering an “Environmentally Engaged” program for those who are still on their way to tying the green knot. Couples planning their ceremony at any of the properties will be guided by the hotel’s event planning staff and supplied with green wedding planning resources that include various eco-friendly tips, such as information on vendors who supply environmentally-friendly wedding gowns and tuxedos, photographers and entertainment.
Why It’s Dreamy: RockResorts are casually elegant properties with plenty of luxe facilities such as RockResorts Spas™, renowned golf courses, award-winning dining and a variety of outdoor adventures.
The RockResorts collection includes Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Colo.; The Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek, Colo.; Keystone Lodge & Spa in Keystone, Colo.; The Arrabelle at Vail Square in Vail, Colo.; The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in the Vail Valley, Colo.; The Lodge at Vail in Vail, Colo.; La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa in Santa Fe, N.M.; Snake River Lodge & Spa in Jackson Hole, Wyo.; and The Landings St. Lucia, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia.
Future RockResorts include; Eleven Biscayne Hotel & Spa in Miami, Fla. (scheduled to open in 2009); The Chateau at Heavenly Village in Lake Tahoe, Cali. (scheduled to open in 2009); One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colo. (scheduled to open in winter 2009/2010); and Rum Cay, A RockResort Hotel & Spa in Rum Cay, The Bahamas (scheduled to open in 2010).
For More Information:
• visit the RockResorts website
• visit the wedding section of the RockResorts website
Photo courtesy RockResorts