Since by British tradition women can do the marriage proposals on Leap Day, it’s only fitting that a British hotel offer a special Leap Year Proposal package. London’s May Fair hotel is offering a special package that takes advantage of this tradition that dates back to the days when it was illegal for women to propose marriage…except on February 29th since it wasn’t part of England’s legal calendar.
The Package: The “Leap Year Proposal” package includes Proposal Butler service to help ladies plan and implement the perfect proposal. The package includes:
• One-night accommodation
• Breakfast for two
• Proposal Butler services to help plan and implement the proposal
• Bottle of Champagne upon arrival
• Chocolate-covered strawberries
• 17% Tax
Proposal Ideas: The hotel’s Proposal Butler offers a Proposal Menu, but will also help tailor proposals for each fiancé-to-be. Any purchases (tickets, reservations, etc.) made by the butler for the proposal will be additional to the package. (The Proposal Butler will help organize any special requests, but will not be able to accompany guests to external sites.)
The Proposal Menu includes:
• Top-of-the-World Proposal. Propose from a private capsule on the London Eye, the world’s largest observation wheel, over a bottle of Champagne and Champagne Truffles.
• A–MAZE-ING Proposal. Get lost and find each other again in the Hampton Court Labyrinth, set in the beautiful gardens of the Hampton Court Castle alongside the River Thames. Surprise your beloved in the maze’s center with Champagne and a proposal.
• James Bond-Style Proposal. A private dealer is hired to host a card game in the hotel’s Palms Casino. Proposal is written on dealt card in game of Black Jack, Poker, etc.
• A Thames Proposal. Propose on a Bateaux dinner cruise along the River Thames, overlooking the breathtaking London cityscape.
• “Bottoms Up” Proposal. Have a Martini served with his wedding ring in the bottom of the Martini Glass.
• Proposal on the Big Screen. Create a proposal video, capturing key relationship moments, and feature it in The May Fair’s private theater.
• A Serpentine Proposal. Rent a row boat on Serpentine Lake in Hyde Park; bring some bubbly and propose in the center of the lake.
• The Kew for a Proposal. Visit the beautiful Princess of Wales Conservatory in Kew Gardens. Pop the question over dinner at the gorgeous Orangery restaurant.
• Sky’s the Limit Proposal. Take your beloved to Primrose Hill, or another high point, and hire a plane to fly by with your wedding proposal attached on a banner.
• Football Lover’s Proposal. Take your boyfriend to a football match and have your proposal written on the big screen.
Why It’s Dreamy: Located in the exclusive Mayfair in the heart of London, The May Fair hotel is in close proximity to Piccadilly, Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Green Park and Buckingham Palace. Following a recent $150 million renovation, the hotel’s 406 guest rooms have been completely refurbished, bringing an eclectic luxury style to the historic West End hotel that first opened in 1927 with King George V and Queen Mary in attendance. Today the hotel includes touches ranging from Fendi furnishings; Baccarat chandeliers, including the largest Baccarat chandelier in Europe; the largest private theater in London, to ten new spacious signature suites, The May Fair Bar and the Asian-inspired May Fair Spa.
Dates: The package is available now through March 16, 2008.
Prices: Rates start at £540.00 (approx. $1,074 based on current exchange rate) for a deluxe studio suite, per night. For a more over-the-top proposal, ladies can reserve one of the hotel’s renowned one-bedroom signature suites, with rates starting at £1,495.00 (approx. $2,975 based on present exchange rate).
For more information on the package:
• call Christine Howarth, Director of Guest Relations, Direct Line + 44 (0) 20 7769 3183
• email email@example.com
For more information on the hotel:
• visit www.radissonedwardian.com/mayfair