If you’re searching for a way to make a proposal memorable, here’s a new package that definitely caught our eye: the “Will You Marry Me?” package at The Merrion in Dublin. The package is available throughout the year and just in time for the top marriage proposal season between Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
The Package: The package includes:
• A Deluxe room in the Georgian Main House
• A welcome bottle of Champagne in the guest room on arrival
• Full Irish breakfast for two
• Rose petal turndown service (spelling out “Will You Marry Me” if desired)
• A Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Lady jewelry watch with reversible case, engraved with “Will You Marry Me” and provided in cooperation with Dublin’s Paul Sheeran Jewellers. The watch alone has a retail value of approximately $7,000 …which means the rest of the package is on the house.
Need More Help?
Though an engagement ring isn’t included in the package, Paul Sheeran Jewellers is available to assist with a selection, and The Merrion will plot and scheme with grooms about creative delivery plans.
Price: The Will You Marry Me package is priced at €4,750 (approximately $7,000) per couple.
Valentine’s Day Choices
Since Dublin is the final resting place of St. Valentine himself, it is only fitting that The Merrion offers two romantic options specifically for Valentine’s Day celebrations (whether or not a proposal is part of your plan):
The Romantic Getaway
Guests enjoy two nights in a stylish Garden Wing double room, full Irish breakfast on both mornings, complimentary chilled Rosé Champagne, heart-shaped chocolates and a special gift of a rose-scented candle and bath oil in the room. The Romantic Getaway is subject to availability from February 2 to 17, 2008 for €640 (approximately $960) per couple.
The Romantic Interlude
A one-night alternative features overnight accommodations in a Garden Wing double room on Valentine’s Day with a full Irish breakfast, Rosé Champagne and heart-shaped chocolates plus a romantic three-course Valentine’s Day dinner in The Merrion’s Cellar Restaurant. The Romantic Interlude is subject to availability on Tuesday, February 14, 2008 for €485 (approximately $728) per couple.
Why It’s Dreamy: This unique hotel is composed of four Georgian townhouses, one of which was the birthplace of the Duke of Wellington, combined with a specially commissioned contemporary wing that wraps around private gardens. With its extensive art collection, intimate drawing rooms and working fireplaces, the hotel considers itself the ideal setting for a romantic interlude anytime but especially when a major statement must be made.
For More Information:
• call The Merrion at 353 1 603 0600, The Leading Hotels of the World at 1-800-223-6800
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
• visit www.merrionhotel.com