Looking to heat up your romance? The historic Furnace Creek Inn, which opened in 1927, offers couples a new “Romantic Escape” package in Death Valley, California.
Dates: The package runs from October 19, 2007 through May 8, 2008.
The Package: The Romantic Escape package includes:
• three nights in a luxury room with a king bed and spa tub
• fruit and cheese welcome basket, bottle of Mumm Cuvee Napa Brut Blanc Champagne
• two Furnace Creek Inn terrycloth bathrobes
• a pre-arranged tour of Scotty’s Castle – not otherwise available
• a horse-drawn carriage ride at sunset
Price: The package, including tax, costs $1,500 per couple. The package represents a savings of 14 percent off individually priced package components.
Why It’s Dreamy: The Furnace Creek Inn is a AAA Four-Diamond resort overlooking desert salt pans with the Panamint Mountains in the background. With its mission-style architecture, oasis garden and spring-fed pool, the inn features 66 rooms, fine dining, tennis courts, gift shop, conference rooms and massage therapy. All rooms at the Furnace Creek Inn are non-smoking rooms and have air conditioning, televisions, data port telephones, pay-per-view movies, free HBO, Nintendo games, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, bathroom amenities and terry robes. Most rooms have decks or terraces. Some rooms have spa tubs. The Inn is open mid-October through mid-May.
For More Information:
• call 1-800-236-7916
• visit www.furnacecreekresort.com