Mexico’s Yucatan makes an easy choice for romantic–but for couples looking to combine their getaway with the spirits of the ancient Maya the choice is now even easier thanks to the Romantic Fantasy Package at Hacienda Xcanatun.
The Package: The Romantic Fantasy includes:
• three nights in a luxurious suite featuring a veranda slung with hammocks
• daily breakfast
• a bottle of fine wine and a selection of velvety dark Yucatecan chocolates
• an intimate candlelight dinner in the hacienda’s landmark restaurant where Presidents Bush and Calderon dined in March; two free spa treatments
• roundtrip Merida airport transfers
• taxes and hotel service charges (amounting to 22%)
Price: The 4-day/3-night Romantic Fantasy Package is priced at $1250 per couple May through September 30, 2007; $1375 October 1 ˆ December 15, 2007/January 8 ˆ April 31, 2008.
Additional Options: For an extra charge, the two of you can add a Maya Wedding or Vow Renewal ceremony in the garden ($180); golf on a new Jack Nicklaus championship course (opening Dec. 2007, approx. $100 per round).
Xcanatun’s spa also offers a variety of Maya and wellness/beauty treatments. The newest Maya specialty is the combination Sobada massage and Limpia (spiritual cleansing). All holistic treatments are in the hands of Xcanatun‚s Maya therapist, granddaughter of a noted shaman, who enhances contemporary pampering techniques with healing rituals passed down from her ancestors.
Why It’s Dreamy: Once an 18th century sisal plantation, Hacienda Xcanatun (ssh-cana-toon) is today an elegant, colonial, boutique hotel with 18 spacious accommodations, a gourmet restaurant, a sybaritic spa offering holistic Maya and beauty treatments, plus two freshwater swimming pools.
For More Information:
• visit Mexico Boutique Hotels