Did this year’s taxes mean a refund for you and yours?
“Why not put your tax refund into something luxe like travel?” said AMPR President & CEO Andria Mitsakos. “While the size of the refund might vary greatly citizen by citizen, we’ve put together some ideas for every taste and budget. Whether it’s putting a few hundred dollars toward a Caribbean getaway or a week-long sojourn in South Africa, we’ve done the groundwork outlining the best ways to spend it. Thanks Uncle Sam!”
Please see the below ways to treat yourself post-tax season.
· $60 Reach new heights of health with a new Oxygen Bar aromatherapy treatment at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Inhale the mix of medicinal plants and flowers concentrated with pure oxygen. Select your own special mixture (Energizing Red: cinnamon, ginger & mandarin; Violet Meditation: cedar, vetiver and incense).
· $95 Dive into your adventurous soul with Jake’s, a Jamaican hotspot in Treasure Beach. Off the beaten path in a quaint fishing village on the unspoiled coast of Jamaica, Jake’s and its cottages are ideal for a romantic tryst, family adventure or relaxing retreat. Rates start at $95 a night, single or double occupancy April 20 ˆ December 14, 2007.
· $140 We dare you bare it all. The new, clothing optional Desires Resort & Spa Los Cabos features its Hot Desire Sale at $140 a night. Rate is per person per room, valid through December 25, 2007.
· $199 Ladies escape to St. Maarten! Sonesta Maho Beach & Casino‘s Girlfriends Gathering Package is just $199 per person/per night through December 15, 2007 and includes quality time in the Good Life Spa, vouchers at Casino Royale, entry into the island’s hottest nightclub, meals and drinks.
$200 – $399:
· $305 The pink-hued beach of Harbour Island awaits at Coral Sands Hotel in The Bahamas. Rates start at $305 per night based on double occupancy (plus tax and service fees) through September 4, 2007. The sand here is rosy, powder-soft and always stays cool. Exciting island activities and trips to Spanish Wells and North Eleuthera keep your days full, while sumptuous dining and moonlight strolls down the pink beach compliment your nights.
$400 – $599:
· $499 Romance at Sunset, the new package by Jamaica’s Sunset Resorts. Priced per couple (per night) through December 31, 2007 for properties in Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. Flowers and champagne on arrival. Room upgrades. Private four-course dinner for two in a secluded area. His/Hers 30-minute massages in resort spa or outdoor hut.
$600 – AND UP:
· $600 At Agua Resort & Spa in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the Opening Splash Package includes private, romantic five-course beachfront dinner, one-hour massage for two, Dominican cigar and Brugal rum tasting and half-day horseback riding. Rates per night based on double occupancy through August 31, 2007.
· $1,496 Detox for three nights in Jamaica’s Blue Mountains with the acclaimed Strawberry Hill. Package for two includes an Elemental Nature reading, Stress Relieving Treatment, Caribbean Therapy Body Treatment and guided tour of the Craighton Coffee Plantation. All meals, house wines and beverages, airport transfers, tax and service charges are included. Valid through November 30, 2007.
· $14,480 Be bold and daring with your tax refund this year: take the family and visit the wild terrains of Tintswalo Safari Lodge in the Manyeleti Reserve. Quote represents a five-night package for a family of four (two adults/two children) and includes accommodations, two guided safari activities daily (game drive/bush walk), all meals, teas/coffees, laundry, individual SOS insurance for emergency medical evacuation and a special introductory treatment at the Elan Vital Spa.