Calling all Chocoholics! The newly renovated Exchange Hotel, located in lower Manhattan, serves up a delicious getaway for lovers with the Chocolate Covered Weekend.
The Package: This two-night package includes:
• two nights in a spacious suite
• two complimentary Mexican Chocolate Mojitos or non-alcoholic Aztec Iced Chocolate at the Exchange Lounge
• special delivery of a chocolate pizza and wings from New York’s own Chocolate Pizza Company and a six-pack of Coke or Diet Coke
• a private walking tour of Manhattan’s most notable chocolate hallmarks, led by Carmen Botez of Chocolate Zoom Magazine
This three-hour tour will include stops at:
• Christopher Norman Chocolates in the Financial District
• Vosges Haut-Chocolat which is a compelling world of wonder with its carefully decorated interior and its tasteful concept
• Kee’s Chocolates where guests will have the chance to see the owner of the shop making the chocolates
• MarieBelle, in Soho
• Jaques Torres‚ new boutique in Hudson Square where the manager will offer a private tour and explain the inner workings of chocolate, while guests can enjoy watching people making chocolate in the factory.
The whole journey will conclude with a tasting of truffles and the Hot Wicked Fun in the boutique.
The Price: Chocolate Covered Weekend is available for $1200, double occupancy and is inclusive of tax and service charges, now until December 16, 2006, subject to availability. This rate shows a 24 % savings off rack rates. Winter 2007 rates are $1000 and reflect a 32% savings. Advanced reservations are strongly advised.
Why It’s Dreamy: Relaunched in April 2006 as the Exchange Hotel, this 53-room boutique hotel is nestled moments away from Wall Street’s flurry and only a short distance from the South Street Seaport and Historic Front Street. The property offers dynamic amenities like WiFi access, flat-screen TVs, full kitchens, and exceptional guest service.
The Exchange Hotel is also the Premier Hotel Partner for the upcoming 9th Annual Chocolate Show in New York City, a three-day festival devoted entirely to chocolate. This year’s event takes place at the Metropolitan Pavillion & Altman Building on November 10-12, 2006.