In Death Valley National Park, you’ll find the Furnace Creek Inn, a popular destination for couples since it opened in 1927. Now the romantic hideaway is offering the “Romantic Escape” package starting October 20, 2006 through May 10, 2007.
The Package: The Romantic Escape package includes:
• three nights in a luxury room with a king bed and spa tub
• fruit and cheese welcome basket
• bottle of Mumm Cuvee Napa Brut Blanc Champagne
• two Furnace Creek Inn terrycloth bathrobes
• a pre-arranged tour of Scotty’s Castle
• a horse-drawn carriage ride at sunset
The Cost: The package, including tax, costs $1,500 percouple.
Why It’s Dreamy: The Furnace Creek Inn, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, overlooks desert salt pans with the Panamint Mountains in the background. With its mission-style architecture, oasis garden and spring-fed pool, the Inn offers a timeless quality reminiscent of the time when the automobile
was first making it possible to explore the remote areas of California’s desert in comfort.
The Inn is open mid-October through mid-May. It features 66 rooms, fine dining, tennis courts, gift shop, conference rooms and massage therapy.
All rooms at the Furnace Creek Inn are non-smoking rooms and have air conditioning, televisions, data port telephones, pay-per-view movies, free HBO, Nintendo games, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, bathroom amenities and terry robes. Most rooms have decks or terraces. Some rooms have spa tubs.
Located a short drive away is the 224-room Furnace Creek Ranch with a general store, spring-fed swimming pool, tennis courts, horseback riding and the Borax Museum. Stovepipe Wells Village is located 23 miles northwest of the Inn and offers 83 guest rooms, swimming pool, a general store, dining facilities and lounge.
For More Information:
• The “Romantic Escape” package can be booked by calling 1-760-786-2345.
• For more information about facilities in Death Valley National Park or to make reservations at in-park lodges, call toll free at 1-888-297-2757
or 1-303-297-2757 or visit www.furnacecreekresort.com.