Summer and Nantucket go hand in hand. Now couples find a new reason to visit the island: a special summer package at the newly renovated Veranda House, an intimate boutique hotel in Nantucket Town. You can purchase value-added plans for two- and three-night stays that include complimentary beach outings with the hotel’s “Beach Concierge” program, a one-day jeep rental and much more.
The Package: Plans are available through Sept. 30 and include two nights minimum weekdays from $799 and three nights minimum weekends from $999. The package includes:
• Accommodations for two
• One complimentary day of The Veranda House “Beach Concierge” service to and from one of Nantucket’s best beaches complete with gourmet picnic, beach umbrella, beach chairs and towels
• A Nantucket Jeep rental for one day
• Evening cocktails for two nightly at a choice of Nantucket’s trendiest new restaurants, including LoLa41, Cinco and Sea Street
• Afternoon tea
• Hosted wine and cheese reception Wednesday and Saturday evenings
• Epicurean breakfast daily
• Fresh flowers in guestroom
• Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet and in-room data port
Why It’s Dreamy: Located in the center of Nantucket Town, the landmark Veranda House is perched atop Step Lane, one of the island’s highest points. The hotel was named for its three wrap-around balconies which offer views of Nantucket Harbor.
Some of the 16 guestrooms, which includes a one-bedroom suite, feature private verandas — a romantic setting for harbor gazing during morning coffee, afternoon tea or evening cocktails. The hotel’s central location makes it easy for guests to explore the town’s numerous art galleries, world-class dining venues and shops.
Lulled by sea breezes, couples may find it difficult to rouse themselves from Frette- and- duvet-draped feather beds outfitted with a selection of decadent pillows. Extra special touches in each room include hand blown Simon Pearce lamps, Italian tile rain showers, bath amenities by Fresh and nature’s own “fresh” product, a vase of flowers. An additional amenity that is complimentary to all guests is wireless high speed Internet available throughout the Inn, as well as in-room data ports.
For additional information:
• call 877-228-0695
• visit The Veranda House
For information on island activities please see www.nantucketchamber.org.