If the two of you are fitness buffs, be sure to check out the new fitness weeks being offered in Negril, Jamaica at Sunset at the Palms Resort & Spa. The resort has teamed up with Caribbean Fitness Consulting (CFC) to set up “Healthy Living” months at their 65-room all-inclusive resort during May, June, September and October.
Healthy Living Week: What’s healthy living? According to CFC and Sunset at the Palms, it’s a week’s worth of classes that include Beach Power Strolls, Yoga on the Ball held in a lush garden teeming with tropical birds, and Energizing Breaths that fill your lungs with the scent of the sunny warmth of Jamaica.
Attendees looking for actual professional certification can obtain it during the Fitness and Yoga certification workshops offered during May, June, September and October, including:
· Fitness Resource Associates‚ Pilates Certification, which provides a different perspective on this very popular technique while using an integrative approach to teaching Pilates using current research of flexibility, core stabilization and mobility of the spine.
· Fitness Resource Associates‚ Group Fitness Trainer Certification, a hybrid between Personal Training and Group Exercise that is definitely not your mother’s aerobics!
· Fitness Resource Associates‚ Yoga Certification, where they’ll explore the realities of Hatha Yoga with an introduction to the basic philosophy and practice of Patanjai’s “eight fold path”.
· American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer Credential,
the “gold standard” in Personal Trainer Certification.
Price: Prices for the certifications range from $349 to $598.
The Package: Groups heading to Sunset at the Palms Resort & Spa are scheduled to arrive on a Saturday and depart on a Saturday. Sunday will be the day off, allowing participants to enjoy everything the resort has to offer.
Why It’s Dreamy: Fresh from a total makeover in 2005, the Sunset at the Palms is one of Jamaica’s trendiest all-inclusive resorts. This intimate all-inclusive getaway offers 65 whimsical “tree house” style guestrooms unique enough to have merited a feature in “Architectural Digest” tucked within ten acres of luxuriant gardens facing the crescent-shaped beach and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Asian-inspired furnishings include gauzy linens, deep wood furniture and natural fibers
Rates: Special room rates apply for participants, starting at $170 per night for a Treetop single occupancy to $240 a night for a Treetop double occupancy. (four-night minimum stay, May through June. September/October rates to be posted on the website).
All rates include accommodations with a private balcony, all meals, bar beverages, wine by the glass, non-motorized water sports, tennis, entertainment, taxes, and gratuity.
For More Information:
• visit Please visit the Caribbean Fitness Consulting
• visit Sunset at the Palms Resort & Spa