las vegas weddings
return to Las Vegas Weddings index
also see Vegas Getaways


Getting a Las Vegas Marriage License

Like all of Nevada, Las Vegas has simple marriage requirements that make it easy to walk in, get your license, and head straight to the chapel with no wait.

New Location for the Marriage Bureau. In October 2005, the Marriage Bureau moved from its longtime location on Third Street just around the corner to this address:

201 Clark Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89155-1603

The new phone number is (702) 671-0600.

Hours: It’s no secret that weekends are the peak time for Vegas weddings and a look at the Marriage Bureau’s hours verifies this. You can obtain a marriage license from Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 (Midnight). On Friday, the office opens at 8:00 a.m. and remains open around the clock until Sunday at midnight. On holidays, the office also remains open 24 hours daily.

Like this Viva Las Vegas event, a Las Vegas wedding can have you and your guests dancing in the aisles.

Cost: The fee for a marriage license is US$55.

Filling Out Your Form Online: You can fill out your marriage license application online by printing out the form from the Marriage Bureau website.

However, you can’t file the form online (or by mail); you need to print your completed form and bring it into the Marriage Bureau office with you. You’ll find applications and instructions in several languages on the site.

Requirements: You can get a Las Vegas marriage license if:

  • You are a male-female couple. (Commitment ceremonies are offered by many chapels but you don't need a license.)
  • You are each at least 18 years of age. (If you’re young, be sure to bring proof of age. If you are age 16 or 17, you must have parental consent to be married.)
  • If you are no closer relation than second cousins.
  • If you are single, divorced, or widowed. (If divorced, you don’t need your divorce decree; you do need to know when and where your divorce was granted. Your divorce must be final and already filed with the courts.)
  • You will need to know your Social Security number.

Identification: Whether you are a US citizen or not, you’ll each need to show one of these forms of identification:

  • Driver's License or State-issued I.D. card.
  • Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if you were born outside the US, your birth certificate must be translated into English and notarized)
  • Passport
  • Military Identification
  • Resident alien card

Note for non-US citizens: The Marriage Bureau suggests that you check with your local consulate or embassy to see if there are any special documents needed to ensure that your marriage be recognized in your home country. Be sure to ask if your home country requires an Apostille. If so, you can obtain one from the Nevada Secretary of State by writing:

Nevada Secretary of State
Capitol Complex
Carson City, Nevada 89710
Phone (800) 992-0900 ext. 5708

For More Information:

Share on Facebook 


Where to Honeymoon Destination Weddings Romantic Travel Company Info
How to plan a honeymoon
Mexico, Latin America
Africa, Middle East
South Pacific, Asia, Australia
How to plan a destination wedding
Marriage regulations across the world
Theme Weddings
Castle Venues
"I Do" Hotspots:
All-inclusive resorts
B&Bs, Inns
Couples resorts

Stages: dating to wedding
The honeymoon spirit at home: movies, music & more
About Us, Privacy Policy, Disclaimer
Follow us on social media sites
Our other sites
Press Room
Contact Us Romantic Travel Guide

Copyright 2000-2013
All rights Reserved
No portion of this site may be reproduced in
any way without written permission from