Destination Weddings in Texas
Plan a Victorian Wedding at Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, Texas What do Charles Dickens and the Texas coast have in common? Not a darn thing, except for North America’s largest Victorian Christmas celebration–Dickens on The Strand. For romantics, the highlight of the event is the Royal Victorian Wedding Ceremony, a group non-denominational ceremony conducted by a licensed minister.
Weddings, San Antonio Style by Paris Permenter & John Bigley With San Antonio’s romantic atmosphere, beautiful settings, and excellent weather, it’s no surprise that the Alamo City is also a favorite wedding location.
Texas Castle Weddings: An Interview with Castle Douglas (Rockwall, Texas)
Visit Our Texas Advertisers
- John Fauth Guest Cottage, Gonzales
- Inn at Craig Place, San Antonio
- Sunset Inn & Studio, Mountain Home
- Alamo Street Victorian Inn, Canyon Lake Ranch
- Canyon Lake Ranch Guesthouse, Canyon Lake Ranch
In-Depth Travel Articles on Romantic Getaways & Honeymoons in Texas
- Romantic Texas Getaways by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Dozens of articles covering Texas’s most romantic escapes with information on getting there, dining, romantic accommodations and even getting married. Destination include:
- Texas Wine Country Explore the wineries of the Texas Hill Country for a romantic weekend getaway.
- Focus on Romance: Mustangs, Movies, Boy Scouts and Gondolas by Eleanor S. Morris Ah, the Gondolas of Irving! One of the world’s most enduring romantic symbols have a home on the Mandalay Canal and Lake Carolyn in the heart of Las Colinas in Irving, Texas. Gondola Adventures offer romance any day of the year, one of the best unforgettably romantic experiences this side of Venice.
- Scarborough Faire: The Romantic Renaissance by Eleanor S. Morris In Waxahachie, Texas, you can actually experience the joys of old in a 16th Century English Village.
- Remembering the Alamo Whether the two of you see the film or not, San Antonio definitely ranks as one of the nation’s most romantic cities. Click here for our new San Antonio mini-site with information on romantic hotels, cuddly river boat cruises, getting married in the Alamo City, and visiting the historic Alamo.
- Mustangs, Movies, Boy Scouts and Gondolas by Eleanor S. Morris Ah, the Gondolas of Irving! One of the world’s most enduring romantic symbols have a home on the Mandalay Canal and Lake Carolyn in the heart of Las Colinas in Irving, Texas. Gondola Adventures offer romance any day of the year, one of the best unforgettably romantic experiences this side of Venice.
- Austin Bear Creek Resort: A Ranch-Style Bed and Breakfast with a Texas-Sized Bed Big Enough for Four by Madelyn Miller I am a city girl. I like my creature comforts such as thick towels, chocolates, and fluffy pillows. So when I agreed to stay at an Austin retreat in the middle of nowhere (anywhere more than 10 minutes from downtown is nowhere to me), I expected to be roughing it. Instead, these were some of the most luxurious nights of my whole life
- Romantic Austin by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Like the familiar tune goes, the stars at night really are big and bright “deep in the heart of Texas.” In the middle of the Lone Star State, just an hour north of San Antonio, lies “the live music capital of the world,” better known as the state capital of Austin.
- Texas Renaissance Festival Check our Renaissance mini-site for articles on the Texas Renaissance Festival, weddings at the festival, photo galleries, and more!
- Ah, The Romance of the Rails:Take A Trip On A Train by Eleanor S. Morris Pretend it’s more than a hundred years ago as you ride the rails on a nostalgic, relaxing trip through the flora and foliage of East Texas. “All aboard!” the conductor cries and the historic steam train chugs ahead for the 50-mile round-trip between the two East Texas towns.
- The Romance of the Range: Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World by Eleanor S. Morris Looking for cowboy country? Bandera, Texas, is the real thing.
- The Romance of Houston Did you get caught up in the SuperBowl attention paid to Houston? For all its sporting activities, this Texas-sized city is home to plenty of romantic activities as well.
- Romantic Texas Legends and Lore One of Texas’s most romantic songs has its roots in the history of the Lone Star State. The legend of Emily Morgan lives on in story and song.
- A Taste of Travel: Lakeway Inn, Austin, Texas
- Bed and Breakfast Getaway: Liberty Hall (Marble Falls)
- Good Taste & Texas Lore Amid the Grapes (Grapevine)
- Del Rio: Best of the Border
- Four Seasons Las Colinas
- South Padre Getaway
- Texas, Your Texas
- Fall Foliage, Texas Style
- Flower Power
- Laredo: Romantic Border Getaway
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center (Austin)
- Texas Hill Country
- Bienvenidos, San Antonio
- The Streets of Laredo
- To market, to market (central Texas weekend markets)
- Fredericksburg, Texas: Where Germany Meets Texas
- Red Hot Honeymoon Cities: San Antonio, Sedona, Santa Fe
- Texas, Your Texas
- Romantic Texas Legends and Lore: Yellow Rose of Texas
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the US as well as other destinations around the world.