Destination Weddings in Maine
- Marriage Regulations in Maine
- Vow Wows: Shipboard Romance, Victory Chimes, Rockland, Maine by Lisa Matte
- Choose a Wedding in Maine’s Timeless Beauty
- Weddings in Bethel, Maine: Traditional and Non-Traditional A white-steepled church, a classical gazebo, a covered bridge, a country inn or a mountain top are choices that have made Bethel one of the most popular places in New England for weddings.
- Rockland: Maine’s Best Kept Secret for A Wedding Destination by Norm Goldman In Rockland, the two of you can stay in an historic inn while your wedding guests stay within walking distance at another inn — or opt for a wedding in a lighthouse, park, or unique chapel.
Visit Our Maine Advertisers
- The Kingsleigh Inn, Southwest Harbor
- Lodge at Moosehead Lake, Greenville
- Bear Mountain Inn, Waterford
- Captain Lord Mansion, Kennebunkport
In-Depth Articles on Romantic Getaways & Honeymoons in Maine
- Waldo County: Rustic, Romantic Maine By Kathie Farnell Thanks to Stephen King, the state of Maine may be better known for horror than romance, but picturesque Waldo County, on the south central coast, offers plenty to appeal to starry-eyed visitors.
- Cruising Maine’s Waters the Old-Fashioned Way By Rita Cook I wake up to the smell of blueberry pancakes rafting into my cabin from the galley. I don’t even need my alarm clock because I wake up “with the chickens” or in this case, the fishes. Sure, it’s early morning, but time has somehow managed to stand still out here off the coast of Maine.
- The White Barn Inn, Kennebunkport, Maine by Norm Goldman If academic degrees were awarded to resorts and inns, The White Barn Inn located in Kennebunkport, Maine, would graduate summa cum laude–with the highest distinction. [more]
- Romantic Kennebunkport, Maine by Norm Goldman Kennebunkport–what an unusual name for a town! According to the town’s historical society the name is of Native American origin. It translates from kini-banek “long cut bank,” and refers to the “Great Hill” or a grassy high cliff projecting into a large body of water. [more]
- A Brush with Romance: A Prodigal Inn & Gallery, Bethel, Maine by Norm Goldman It is little wonder why this inn has proven to be popular for couples celebrating intimate weddings in the gazebo located within the inn’s stunning perennial gardens. Incidentally, leading to the inn’s front door are private hiking trails and there is access to cross-country and snowmobile systems.
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the US as well as other destinations around the world.