Destination Weddings in Florida
Other locations are easy to get to for a romantic getaway such as hotels in Orlando. Most of these hotels have quick routes to Universal Studios, and Disney World; both are great locations for romantic outings.
The Wedding Planner We interview Michelle Wilcox, Catering Manager at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina in Tampa, Florida for her tips on weddings at this elegant property. Michelle also gives us her special tips on planning a wedding reception. Also, check out our photo gallery for photos of real weddings at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina plus ceremony sites where the two of you can say “I do.”
Amelia Island, Florida’s Best Kept Wedding Destination Secret by Norm Goldman Mea Culpa! Up until recently I admit I had never heard of Florida’s Amelia Island. Someone mentioned to me that it was in Georgia–an unpardonable sin, as I later discovered. My thirst for knowledge ever present, I decided to do a little research before venturing to this barrier island to find out why well over a hundred brides are lured here every year.
Unique Wedding Destinations in St. Augustine, Florida (14-page series) by Norm Goldman Imagine being able to celebrate your wedding in one of the scenic, historic or cultural St. Augustine venues or one of the scores of beautiful gardens that will create memories lasting a lifetime. Rest assured, a wedding celebrated in St. Augustine will have friends and relatives reminiscing for years about your legendary wedding.
A Floridian Fun-Filled Wedding:The Colony Beach and Tennis Resort by Norm Goldman From time to time life throws us moments we will forever cherish, creating a powerful sense of memories. One such occasion is the exchanging of wedding vows. Don’t some of us crave to create the quintessential romantic setting for this momentous event?Vow Wows: Cheeca Lodge, Florida Keys by Lisa Matte
Vow Wows: Voyage Toward Your Future by Lisa MatteVow Wows: Tournament Players Club, Ponte Vedra, Florida by Lisa MatteBed & Breakfast Weddings: The Cottage B&B, Monticello, Florida How can you plan a unique (and budget friendly) wedding at a B&B? This new column explores wedding options at B&Bs around the globe with advice straight from the innkeepers themselves.
Visit Our Florida Advertisers in the Romantic Travel Directory!
Casa de Suenos Bed & Breakfast, Saint Augustine
Turtle Beach Resort, Siesta Key
Marco Beach Ocean Resort, Marco Island
Casa De La Paz Bayfront Bed and Breakfast Inn, Saint Augustine
Sea Breeze Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn, Gulfport
Island Cottage by the Sea, Flagler Beach
An Affair to Remember/Simply Weddings, Saint Augustine
- Palm Island and the Palm Island Resort: Florida’s Last True Out Island and Resort by Norm Goldman Is this heaven or what! The allure of vacationing on an authentic barrier island with palm trees swaying gently in the soft breeze off the Gulf of Mexico, osprey, bald eagles, sandpipers, blue herons
- Casa de La Paz, St. Augustine, Florida by Norm Goldman Norm and his wife, watercolorist Lily Azerad-Goldman, file the first of their reports on romantic getaways in St. Augustine, Florida. This week: an inn that’s allegedly haunted–and offers some great wedding packages as well!
- Casa de Solana, St. Augustine, Florida by Norm Goldman Norm and his wife, watercolorist Lily Azerad-Goldman, file the second of their reports on romantic getaways in St. Augustine, Florida. This week: the elegant Case de Solana, which offers several romantic and wedding packages.
- Unique Wedding Destinations in St. Augustine, Florida (14-page series) by Norm Goldman Imagine being able to celebrate your wedding in one of the scenic, historic or cultural St. Augustine venues or one of the scores of beautiful gardens that will create memories lasting a lifetime. Rest assured, a wedding celebrated in St. Augustine will have friends and relatives reminiscing for years about your legendary wedding.
- Watercolor Inn Romances the Beach by Kathie Farnell The Florida Panhandle has in the last decade become a magnet for travelers looking for plush accommodations in harmony with nature. Some of the plushest can be found on Scenic Highway 30-A at WaterColor, a 499-acre resort whose Inn has been a byword for luxury since its Spring 2002 opening.
- Rosemary Beach: Nature Deluxe by Kathie Farnell Some years ago the new Florida Panhandle community of Seaside made news with its upscale small town design. Now Seaside’s planning team has developed a new community on the Gulf of Mexico. Rosemary Beach, just a few miles east of Seaside, aims to combine the traditions of classic small towns and beachside living.
- Romantic Resort: Club Med Sandpiper by Norm Goldman Mention of the name Club Med and many of us would probably visualize a resort tucked away in some exotic far-off island, where accommodations are somewhat sparse.Who would conceive that one-hour north of West Palm Beach, Florida, located within a residual community of the town of Port St. Lucie, exists a unique Club Med? It is here where we discover one of Florida’s best-kept secrets, Club Med Sandpiper.
- Romancing The Boca Raton Resort and Club by Holly Reich If you think that Palm Beach County is a place to go for early retirement you’re only partly right. The Gold Coast of Florida has a rhythm that is relaxed as the Caribbean, a sophisticated cultural pulse, and a beauty that goes straight to the heart.
- Romantic Bal Harbour by Norm Goldman No matter when you plan that special romantic get-away, you will always be able to savour the richness of Bal Harbour’s surroundings with its array of water sports, dining, cultural entertainment, sunbathing, and its bountiful spirit.
- Romantic Fun In Orlando, Florida by Norm Goldman Artwork by Lily Azerad-Goldman Thinking about a unique romantic experience coupled with fantastic fun? Perhaps somewhere you can pop the question, renew your vows or just sneak away from the office? At Discovery Cove, a premium romantic package will provide you with a buoy, personalized with your special love message, delivered by a dolphin to your loved one.
- The Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club by Norm Goldman In St. Petersburg, Florida, a romantic stay at the Vinoy is truly a journey back in time, where you can have the opportunity to experience how the rich and famous vacationed in a long forgotten era. Over the years the hotel was very popular with celebrities, and luminaries such as Babe Ruth, Jimmy Stewart
- Concierge Plays Cupid at Marco Beach Ocean Resort