Destination Weddings in California
- Marriage Regulations in California
- Bacara Resort & Spa Weddings, Honeymoons & Romantic Getaways
- Weddings & Romantic Getaways at The Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Queen Mary Provides a Breathtaking Backdrop for Weddings, Receptions and Honeymoons
- The Wayfarers Chapel: Wedding Ceremonies Beneath the Redwoods by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Imagine exchanging your vows deep in a dense grove of redwood trees–but under the protective cover of a glass chapel. This is The Wayfarers Chapel, located in Rancho Palos Verdes about 25 miles from downtown Los Angeles.
- The Little Brown Chapel: The Wedding of Ronald and Nancy Reagan. Over half a century ago, this California chapel witnessed the nuptials of this famous couple. Find out how you can get married here!
- The Wedding Planner: The Lodge at Sonoma In this month’s column, we interview the wedding planner at The Lodge at Sonoma, deep in California’s wine country, for her advice on the resort’s best wedding venues, how to add local flavor (say: wine!) to your wedding, and more.
- The Wedding Planner Are you planning the resort or hotel wedding of your dreams…and looking for a planner who can help you make those dreams come true? In this monthly column, we interview Mr. Anthony Milkey, Director of Wedding Sales for Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa in Dana Point, California to learn what makes the resort special for weddings and for his tips on bringing guests to your destination wedding.
- All-Inclusive Weddings–An Interview with Lake Arrowhead Weddings Are you interested in an all-inclusive wedding plan? When you hear “all-inclusive weddings,” you just might think of the many options in the Caribbean…but we found a wedding planner in California who offers many all-inclusive plans! Lovetripper.com interviewed Michelle O’Connor at Lake Arrowhead Weddings for her tips on planning the wedding of your dreams with a minimum amount of fuss.
- California Castle Venues: Ledson Castle, The Enchanted Forest, Cupid’s Castle, Castle Green, Benedict Castle, and Hollywood’s Manor Hotel, where some have predicted Tom and Katie might marry.
Visit Our California Advertisers in the Romantic Travel Directory!
- A Sea Mountain Inn, Palm Springs
- Howard Creek Ranch, Westport
- Gold Mountain Manor, Big Bear City
- Fensalden Inn, Albion (Mendocino coast )
- Plantation Bed & Breakfast, Sequoia National Park
- Old Thyme Inn Bed and Breakfast, Half Moon Bay
- Brewery Gulch Inn, Mendocino
- Old Yacht Club Inn, Santa Barbara
- Agate Cove Inn, Mendocino
- Katie Moos Photography, Camarillo
Romantic Getaways & Honeymoons in California
- The Wigwam Motel by Grace Sydney If your dream vacation involves a vision of the open road, the two of you can hop behind the wheel and make some road trip memories on the old Route 66. Movie buffs traveling through San Bernardino County, California will recognize the shapes of the Cozy Cone Motel immortalized in the 2006 Pixar movie “Cars” –these roadside teepees are the Wigwam Motel, a budget-friendly blast from the past.
- Sea Mountain Inn Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, California This clothing-optional resort, a favorite with celebrities drawn to its elegant rooms and spa, is a favorite with honeymooners and romantic travelers as well.
- Room for Two: The Terra Cotta Inn, Palm Springs, California This desert resort wasonce a celebrity getaway but now operates as a luxurious clothing-optional resort. Lovetripper.com recently interviewed hotelier Tom Mulhall about this year around retreat that boasts a 75% repeat guest rate.
- Focus on Romance: Heavenly Blue Lake Tahoe by Eleanor S. Morris The South Shore area of Lake Tahoe is located along one of the most beautiful blue lakes in the world. Set high in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, visitors come to Tahoe to experience some of the best year-round recreation and sophisticated nightlife, as well as for a spectacular wedding and honeymoon.
- Beverly Hills Hot Spots Offer Oscar-Inspired Drinks to Toast Best Motion Picture Nominees The two of you can mix up one of these Beverly Hills cocktails inspired by the nominees!
- Romantic Santa Barbara Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin married in a secret ceremony in this California town. Read about the area’s most romantic sites including where they married!
- Santa Barbara’s Top 10 Spots to Swoon Over
- Unconventional Romantic Adventures at Huntington Beach Not everyone can take off a week and head off to the Hawaiian Islands for a romantic getaway. Surprise your loved one by arranging a quick hiatus at Huntington Beach, where you can not only experience tropical bliss, but immerse yourself in nostalgic surf culture.
- Placerville & Coloma: California’s Cities of Gold by Eleanor S. Morris
- Go Play on the Big Bay (San Diego)
- Check into the best San Diego hotels and you’re guaranteed a stay that’s more comfortable than usual.
- Honorable Mention: Honor Mansion by Sandra Gurvis
- San Francisco’s Hotel Majestic: Well-Preserved by Sandra Gurvis
- Catalina Island: A World Apart
- Lake Tahoe for Lovers by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Imagining a summer romantic getaway in the Sierra Nevada mountains brings a host of delicious images to mind. Maybe hiking or mountain biking along a rugged landscape which has changed little since its Wild West days. Or do you see evenings of fine dining in lavish restaurants followed by bustling nightclubs where you’ll be entertained by big-name stars?
- Room for Two: Mine House Inn, Amador City, California
- Parker Palm Springs: Indulgence in the Desert by Holly Reich Romantic getaways at this favorite of the rich and famous.
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the US as well as other destinations around the world.