Mexico Romantic Travel Index
Mexico is an easy destination for couples to love thanks to warm sunshine, warm smiles, and lots of cool romantic options. Whether the two of you are in the mood for a fiesta or a siesta, you’ll find it here. Opt to chill out in the shade along a palm-fringed beach, explore mountain villages and historic sites, or try your bargaining skills in the mercados.
Where should you go? The answer depends on several factors:
• where are you located and how many days do you have to spend?
• what is your idea of a romantic destination: the beach, the mountains, a quiet village, a bustling city?
Have a look at a map of Mexico for an idea of what destinations are closest to your gateway city, especially if you only have a few days or one week for your honeymoon. From there, explore our pages dedicated to each region of Mexico for in-depth romantic travel articles:
West Coast Resorts: Click here for articles on Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Mazatalan, Ixtapa, Zihuatenejo and others.
Caribbean Resorts: Click here for articles on Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, the Riviera Maya, Merida, and the Yucatan.
Central and Northern Getaways: Click here for articles on Mexico City, Copper Canyon, Colonial Cities, and more.
Destination Weddings in Mexico
This section includes links to many in-depth articles about getting married in Mexico.
Fast Facts for Busy Brides
Booking Your Trip
- Search the Romantic Travel Directory for romantic resorts, destination wedding planners, and more in Mexico.
In-Depth Romantic Travel Articles from Lovetripper.com Romantic Travel Magazine
- Destination Weddings in Yucatan by Judy Abbott Once only available to the rich and famous as they were cost prohibitive, Destination Weddings are now possible for all us common folk. And the Yucatan, in the land of the Maya, is the new and happening place for such weddings.
- Learning Together in Mexico The two of you can come back from your honeymoon or romantic getaway in Mexico with a lifelong souvenir: skills in Spanish, cooking, weaving, or even horsemanship.
- How to Hire a Mariachi Band
- Mexico for Two by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Think of Mexico and you may picture miles of toasty beaches, clear waters that invite the two of you to explore, and quaint markets filled with colorful handicrafts. Now add to that scene a flurry of romantic touches: candles flickering from every corner of your guest room, horseback rides during a fiery sunset, or cuddling in a blossom-strewn carriage while the soft sea breeze whispers in your ears.
- Feliz Navidad from Mexico- Mexico’s Rich Culture Adds Flavor to Christmas Celebrations
- Love Notes: Romantic Music From Around the Globe–Alejandro Fernandez by Grace Sydney Alejandro Fernandez, born the son of legendary ranchera singer Vicente Fernandez, was raised in Guadalajara with a deep appreciation for Mexican culture.read more
- Love Notes: Romantic Music From Around the Globe–Luis Miguel by Grace Sydney Affectionately referred to as “El Idolo (The Idol)”, Luis Miguel has been worshipped by adoring fans for the past two decades for his sophisticated stage persona and mastery of romantic ballads, or boleros [more]