Fast Facts: best time of the year to visit, holidays, etc.
When in Rome: Romantic sights the two of you can’t miss
Destination Weddings in Italy
Planning a Wedding on the Amalfi Coast The beauty of the Amalfi Coast captures the hearts of romantics, drawing them toward cliff top villages perfumed with lemons that ripen in the Mediterranean sun and churches that have been silent witnesses as centuries of brides and grooms have been united in matrimony. If you’re dreaming of an Italian “I do,” Jacquie Coppola, founder of The Amalfi Experience, offers her expertise on walking down the aisle on the Amalfi Coast in this exclusive interview with Lovetripper.com.
The Wedding Planner: Regency San Marino, Venice We interview Rebekah Serin Antoniucci, Manager of Regency San Marino, about planning the Venetian wedding of your dreams.
Goin’ to the Chapel: Melissa Joan Hart & Mark Wilkerson (Florence, Italy)
Visit Our Advertisers in Italy
- Relais Villa Giulia, Fano
- Exclusive Italy Weddings
- Wedding Photographers for Weddings in Italy
- Hotel Villa Ducale, Taormina, Sicily
- Locanda Le Boscarecce, Tuscany
- Hotel Porta San Mamolo, Bologna
- Furore Inn Resort, Amalfi Coast
Virtual Venice Gondola Ride Grab a glass of chianti or a cappucino and take a romantic gondola cruise from Rialto Bridge!
In-Depth Romantic Travel Articles
- Setting Sail for Romance by Paris Permenter & John Bigley By the light of a full moon, couples danced on deck. Music was the only sound, along with an occasional flap of the sail. There was no motor noise to interrupt the scene; our vessel, like those that traveled the Italian coast for centuries, was powered by the winds. Our destination: romance.
- God created this spectacular spa, Terme di Saturnia just improved it a little By Madelyn Miller Take a perfect setting with a natural thermal bath. Add a luxurious hotel, a highly trained medical and aesthetic staff and add a restaurant worthy of many stars. Sound like a fantasy? It becomes a reality at Terme di Saturnia.
- A Kinder, Gentler Sicily by Paris Permenter & John Bigley While Sicily’s history with the Mafia dates back to Medieval times, today honeymooners are far more likely to enjoy Greek ruins, great food, and good times than to spot any godfathers. This island off the southern coast of Italy is also home to excellent ecotourism adventures, from climbing the largest active volcano in Europe to swimming in a sea lined with a lava beach.
- Paradise In Amalfi by Fiona Saiter Imagine a breathtaking, romantic, relaxing place where houses and hotels cling to cliff edges hundreds of feet above the sparkling Mediterranean.The fragrant vegetation is brilliantly tropical: palm trees, olive, orange & lemon groves dot gardens along the coast. It is paradise [more]
- Traditional Resorts and Ski Villages of the Alps Ready to hit the slopes? Grab your honey and your map; it’s time for a look at some of Switzerland and Italy’s small villages that are perfect not only for good prices and excellent skiing but also present couples with a cozy option for a winter vacation.
- A Weekend of R and R by Michael R. Read Rimini and Riccione are as good as Italy has to offer, if a sun, sea, sex, and clubbing combo is your preferred option. The region’s party reputation seems untarnished by the country’s new drinks law, banning the serving of alcohol after 4am.
- Reel Love: A Room with A View by Grace Sydney Florence, Italy co-stars with a romantic couple in this stunning movie. Watch as the beauty of the Italian countryside casts a spell over two of a pensione’s residents. One stolen moment unleashes a torrent of unexplored emotions for the story’s heroine and she must choose between the life she has been taught to lead and the new world which has opened up to her. [more]
- Love Notes: Romantic Music from around the world–Andrea Bocelli by Grace Sydney The seeds of tenor Andrea Bocelli’s romantic nature were sown in the pastoral farming community of Lajatico, Italy, where grapes harvested for the family wine still ripen [more]
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the world.