St. Patrick’s Day for Lovers
Fast Facts for the Busy Bride
Fast Facts: Best time to visit, public holidays, what to buy, etc.
Destination Weddings in Ireland
Getting Married in Ireland by Anne Lanier An Irish wedding planner offers advice for planning a destination wedding in Ireland.
The Traditional Irish Wedding by Bridget Haggerty The author of The Traditional Irish Wedding takes a look at the customs, superstitions, folklore, and pure fun of an Irish wedding.
In-Depth Romantic Travel Articles
- Romantic Nights in a Knight’s Castle (Ireland) by Eleanor S.Morris With its crenelated battlements and looming towers, Ireland’s Glin Castle appears to be made of the stuff of dreams. In lilting County Limerick above the River Shannon, the castle lifts the ideal of a bed and breakfast inn well above the commonplace.
- Live Your Dreams with a Horseback Vacation of a Lifetime By Nina Fuller E veryone who works at the Dunraven is ready and willing to help you, serve you and make your stay as comfortable as possible, making you feel like royalty. It doesn’t surprise me that Princess Grace chose to spend her honeymoon there. I felt like I had gone back to my own comfortable childhood home in the country for Christmas. But an Irish Hunter was waiting for me, and I was off for the ride of my life.
- Take a Walk Through a Best Seller: Follow the Trail of Angela’s Ashes (Ireland) The folks of the city of Limerick may be a little put out by the way Frank McCourt portrayed the city, his family, and their neighbors in his Pulitzer Prize-winning novel Angela’s Ashes, but it certainly has put the town on the map.
- Love Notes: Romantic Music From Around the Globe–Enya by Grace Sydney The sounds of traditional Irish airs flowed just as freely as the spirits served at Leo’s Tavern, situated in the mainly Gaelic-speaking area of Gweedore in County Donegal. The pub was run by Leo Brennan, himself a musician who passed on his love of song to his progeny of nine, which included Eithne Ni Bharaonain, better known as Enya. [more]
- Love Notes: Romantic Music From Around the Globe–Ronan Keating by Grace Sydney American audiences were first introduced to Ronan Keating’s voice though the soundtrack of the Julia Roberts’ movie, “Notting Hill”, where he can be heard both as a solo act and in his former band, Boyzone. A native of Dublin, Ireland, Keating’s first taste of fame came during his adolescence as a member of read more
- Love Notes: Romantic Music From Around the Globe–Loreena McKennitt by Grace Sydney Loreena McKennitt’s musical journey of discovery originated from a fascination with her Irish heritage, and over the years her travels around the globe have opened up new avenues of expression as she embraced the sounds of diverse cultures, ranging from the haunting Celtic ballads which represent her family’s origins, to exotic Sufi chants.
- Dublin: places around town the two of you have to visit
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the world.