In the US Virgin Islands, you have not just one but multiple choices for a romantic getaway: St. John, St. Thomas, and St. Croix. Can’t decide? Just visit more than one! Fast ferries connect St. Thomas and St. John and a fun seaplane and fast ferry connect St. Thomas and St. Croix.
Best Honeymoon Features: part of the US so very easy for American travelers; easy to island-hop between the USVI as well as to the British Virgin Islands; great shopping on St. Thomas; excellent range of villas on St. John; lots of airlift from the US; no passport required for US travelers.
Worst Honeymoon Features: traffic on St. Thomas
Fast Facts on the USVI (getting there, entry requirements, best time of year to honeymoon, etc.)
Destination Weddings in the USVI
Vow Wows: The Buccaneer, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands by Lisa Matte Get married on a white sand beach surrounded by friends and family. Exchange vows on a bluff overlooking the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Or choose the intimacy of a centuries old sugar mill as the setting for your nuptials.
Vow Wows: Caneel Bay, St. John, USVI by Lisa Matte It’s a simple ceremony. Just the two of you and the minister on a bluff overlooking the crystal clear Caribbean Sea. It’s late afternoon. The sun is low in the sky. You whisper your vows.
USVI Couple Ties the Knot–Underwater Ready to take the plunge? More and more couples are choosing the US Virgin Islands for destination weddings but when John Santino and Toni Wilson planned their wedding, they opted to go one step further. The couple, who exchanged vows on Saturday, September 13, 2003, planned the world’s largest underwater wedding.
Underwater Weddings at Coral World, St. Thomas, USVI You’ll definitely have the most unique wedding photos in your crowd if you opt for an underwater wedding at Coral World Marine Park and Underwater Observatory on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
Visit our USVI advertisers:
- Hillcrest Guest House, St. John
In-Depth Romantic Travel Articles
- USVI Villas by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Looking for some home away from home privacy? A villa in these islands might just be the answer.
- Kenny Chesney’s St. John
- Honey, We’re Home: Honeymooning in a Caribbean Villa A four-page series
- St. John = Love City by Paris Permenter & John Bigley In the Virgin Islands, there’s a nickname for the small island that lies tucked between St. Thomas and the British Virgin Islands. Locals often call St. John “Love City,” a moniker that recalls the destination’s true promise of romance.
- Small Sailing in the Virgin Islands by Sandra Gurvis The only schooner based out of St. Thomas offers a romantic getaway to secluded coves, bays, and lagoons.
- America’s First Sunrise by Paris Permenter & John Bigley Daylight creeps slowly over the sea, fading an ink black sky littered with confetti stars and staining the horizon mango red. But this is not just another sunrise. This is Point Udall.
- Marriott Frenchman’s Reef
- Camping in St. John (USVI)
- Read the USVI chapters of our Romantic Escapes in the Caribbean (published by Hunter Publishing) for free at: US Virgin Islands:
- St. Croix
- St. John
- St. Thomas
Finding Romantic Accommodations
And don’t forget to check Lovetripper.com’s Romantic Travel Directory for romantic accommodations, wedding planners, and more throughout the US and Caribbean as well as other destinations around the world.