As we await the arrival of 2011, Lovetripper takes a walk down memory lane with a look at some of the most breath-taking nuptial numbers worn by notables in 2010:
- 1) Democrats and Republicans may not always see eye to eye, but regardless of a person’s political preference everyone could easily agree that Chelsea Clinton‘s Vera Wang wedding dress was a vision. The former First Daughter said ‘I do’ to Marc Mezvinsky in a strapless silhouette from the designer to the stars which featured a draped tulle bodice which flowed into a silk organza skirt.
- 2) As a supermodel she’s donned a number of designer dresses, but Coco Rocha‘s Zac Posen wedding dress will always hold a special place in the catwalk queen’s heart. Coco + James // Short film from Americana Cinema on Vimeo.
- 3) Hilary Duff once starring in the romantic romp A Cinderella Story, celebrated the start of her happily ever after in a mermaid-style masterpiece from Vera Wang. The blushing bride chose the pale pink tint of hand-painted silk tulle and organza for her dream dress.
- 4) Country crossover cutie Carrie Underwood received a new “Last Name” this past year when she walked down the aisle in a Monique Lhuillier creation constructed of Chantilly lace and silk organza.
- 5) Her veil seemingly dancing for joy in the Hawaiian breeze, silver screen siren Megan Fox recited her wedding vows in an Armani Prive gown designed with a 16-ft. train.
- 6) Nicole Richie‘s Marchesa gown– a couture creation composed of long lace sleeves and a flares silk organza skirt– was a loving homage to her father’s hit single “Ballerina Girl,” the tune which escorted her on her walk to her husband, Joel Madden.
- 7) American Idol alum Jason Castro may have serenaded bride Molly Malaney with the classic tune “Over the Rainbow” as she walked down the aisle, but no doubt the reality TV romantic was over the moon as she said “I do” in a Monique Lhuillier creation to The Bachelor‘s Jason Mesnick.
- 8) As she reigns supreme over the Billboard charts, a goddess gown created from ivory silk by Vera Wang struck just the right fashion note for Grammy winner Alicia Keys when began her marriage in the Mediterranean.
- 9) Fans flocked to their TV sets as La La Vazquez shared her special day in the five-art VH1 series La La’s Full Court Wedding, which included her walk down the aisle in a Vera Wang gown.
- 10) A delicate lace veil worn by her mother on her wedding day added a touch of sweet sentimentality to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden‘s bridal ensemble. A true princess bride, the royal romantic regally walked to the altar in a duchess silk satin silhouette from Swedish designer Par Engsheden– a refined look which perfectly juxtaposed her intricate cameo tiara.
Photos courtesy Picapp