As we prepare to say so long to 2010, Lovetripper takes a look back at a few of the well-known traveling twosomes who packed their bags this year for a destination “I do.”
1) Her songs have been at the top of the charts throughout the year, and in October 2010 Katy Perry was on top of the world as she wed Russell Brand in the land where there had become betrothed on New Year’s Eve 2009– India. A pair of pachyderms provided an extra spark of interest at the “Firework” singer’s ceremony, which took place at Amar-I-Khas resort outside of Ranthambore National Park.
2) She’s ruled runways around the world, but in June 2010 Canadian catwalk queen Coco Rocha took the most important walk of her life as she strolled down the aisle at Chateau de Challain in France’s Loire Valley. The model shared the day’s memorable moments with fans in the following video:
3) Former Beverly Hills 90210 star Brian Austin Green found himself in the 96740 zip code for his sunset wedding ceremony with silver screen siren Megan Fox. The couple celebrated their love with outdoor I do’s on the sands at the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu, Hawaii.
4) George Clooney and his long-time love Elisabetta Canalis were among the privileged pairs to witness the wedding of Academy Award-nominated star Emily Blunt and John Krasinski of The Office at Ville d’Este in Como, Italy.
5) “I remember going home the night after I met him and writing in my diary that I’d met the man I’m going to marry.” Gemma Arterton‘s premonition became a reality in June 2010 as the Prince of Persia pledged her love to her very own Prince Charming (Stefano Catelli) in the village of Zuheros in Andalucia, Spain.
6) She’s appeared on the silver screen in Wedding Crashers and Wedding Daze, and in March 2010 Isla Fisher had the lead role in her own I do’s. Only six guests bore witness as Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen exchanged vows with the actress in Paris during a wedding week that included a stay at The Ritz.
7) Alicia Keys, who released the single “Wait ’til You See My Smile” at the end of 2010, was a beaming bride when said said “I do” to Swizz Beatz at a private residence on the French island of Corsica.
8) American Beauty star Mena Suvari chose a beautiful Italian site for her ceremony with Simone Sestito– a private chapel in Vatican City.
9) In the contemporary classic The Shawshank Redemption, the main character dreams of starting a new life in Zihautenejo. In the summer of reunited romantics Eva La Rue and Joe Cappuccio made that dream a reality as they began a new life together as husband and wife on a beach in the Mexican paradise.
10) Returning to the land where their love began, actor James Van Der Beek took on the role of husband to Kimberly Brook at the Kabbalah Centre in Tel Aviv, Israel. Following the intimate I do’s, the former Dawson’s Creek star confided to fans on Twitter: “The woman I love did me the honor of became my wife today… I look forward to earning her for the rest of my life.”
Photo courtesy Picapp