As 2010 approaches, Lovetripper takes a walk down memory lane with a look at the nuptial numbers worn by notables in ’09. Here’s our choices for the top 5 celebrity ceremony silhouettes of the past year:
1) A study in regal refinement, Ivanka Trump‘s Grace-Kelly-inspired gown was envisioned and brought to fruition by designer Vera Wang, who added an ethereal element to her creation by applying three tiers of differing lace. Although the bride sparkled in a total of $260,000 in jewelry, the joy seen in the bride’s eyes on her wedding day was priceless.
Photo, above: Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner attend their wedding at Trump National Golf Club on October 25, 2009 in Bedminster, New Jersey. (Photo Brian Marcus/Fred Marcus Photography via Getty Images)
2) In her dash to say “I do” to Lamar Odom, Khloe Kardashian donned a wedding dress designed by Vera Wang. Months later, more than 3 million viewers watched the vows, taking the opportunity to take in the minutia of the marital masterpiece, including the bejeweled lavender sash which provided a harmonizing hue with the reality personality’s bridesmaids.
3) A walk down the aisle transformed Kendra Wilkinson from a Playmate into a soul mate for her football hero honey. On the day she became Mrs. Baskett, the reality TV romantic wore a fantasy frock from R. Mine Bridal. The $20,000 ballgown- style garment’s beauty was enhanced by more than $100,000 in Michael Barin bling, including platinum drop earrings dripping in 4.25 carats of diamonds, a platinum pendant topped by 2.50 carats and a platinum bracelet featuring 4.50 carats.
4) She may have been the third celebrity bride of 2009 to hold their nuptials at Church Estate Vineyards in Malibu (following in the footsteps of both Fergie and Natasha Bedingfield), but when it came time to Step Up to the altar Jenna Dewan brought her
own unique vision to her vows, choosing peach and white bridal attire by designer Reem Acra, who shared the stunning silhouette with her Twitter followers after the I do’s.
5) On Fergie and Josh Duhamel’s “I do” day, their dachshunds Zoe and Dylan blazed a trail down the aisle for the chart topper, who was dressed in a design by her fashion friends Dolce & Gabbana, who designed yards of gauze and silk tulle to hug her “Fergilicious” frame.