The bride may be the star of each wedding, but her groom needs the proper vestments to make a vision of the perfect ceremony complete. As the calendar year comes to an end, Lovetripper remembers the leading men who looked dashing for their I do’s.
1) Eric Winter— At their reception, the former Days of Our Lives star showed off his dance moves until four in the morning after presenting Without A Trace‘s Roselyn Sanchez with a wedding band emblazoned with the words “Two for the Road.” The actor chose a Calvin Klein black suit paired with a white ascot for the exchange of vows, which had taken place at Puerto Rico’s San Cristobal fort during the Thanksgiving Day weekend.
2) Count Rodolphe of Limburg Stirum— Morning suits are a traditional choice among the social set. On the day that wedding bells chimed at St. Rumbolds Cathedral all eyes may have been on the bride, but Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria only had eyes for her groom (seen in the photo below), who had donned a black cutaway coat vest and grey striped trousers for the joyous occasion.
3) Pete Wentz— Bedecked in black on black, the Fall Out Boy was a slightly gothic groom in his Dior Homme suit on the day he received a platinum William Noble wedding band from Ashlee Simpson. A stylish ceremony, even the musician’s English Bulldog Hemingway dressed up for the I do’s, sporting an Elizabethan collar for his role as the couple’s ring bearer.
4) Nick Cannon— A tattoo of his bride’s name, stretching across the Drumline star’s upper back, was hidden by the shirt and jacket of a Balencia suit as the actor pledged his love to Mariah Carey on the shore of the singer’s Windemere Island estate in the Bahamas. As though signifying the start of their new life together, the groom opted for a white on white ensemble for the happy occasion.
5) Charlie Crist— Putting on his white tie and tails, Florida’s governor (seen in the photo below) was a grand groom in time-honored attire when he stood at the altar of First United Methodist Church in St. Petersburg and waited for Carole Rome to walk down the aisle in a Pronovias gown.
6) Wayne Rooney— Voices of a gospel choir singing “Love Can Build a Bridge” echoed inside the Church of San Michele di Pagano after the soccer star and his long-time love Coleen McLoughlin lit a unity candle during one of the most lavish ceremonies of the year. The Manchester United member wore a Raffaele Caruso suit personalized with the couple’s wedding date on the day his bride slipped a white gold band bedecked with diamonds on his ring finger.
7) Ruben Studdard— Twenty groomsmen stood by the Velvet Teddy Bear as he said his vows to Surata Zuri McCants in Joseph Abboud attire– a classic black tuxedo teamed with a white vest and bow tie. Purchased at Mr. Burch Formal Wear, the store also suited up the singer’s attendants, with tuxes by the same designer paired with black shirts and vests.
8) Gareth Gates— Wearing a black Chris Beales suit with white detailing, the former Pop Idol finalist and his bride Suzanne Mole held a sword which cut slices of a five-tier, white chocolate-covered cake from Heather Higgins’ Sweet Art during their reception after a wedding held at Belvoir Castle.
9) Cory Hardrict— Looking stylish in a black satin suit from Hugo Boss, the Lincoln Heights star sampled slices of a five tier, flower festooned wedding cake created by Cake Divas following his “I do” to actress Tia Mowry.
10) Charlie Sheen— Since 1973, marriage-minded males have turned to Men’s Wearhouse for their wedding day duds. Tired of the designer tuxedos he has had to don for events, the Two and A Half Men star chose a casual look from the store for his ceremony with Brooke Mueller— a classic black suit and crisp white shirt, which he paired with a black and grey-striped tie.