A number of stylish stars walked down the aisle in couture creations in 2007, and at year’s end Lovetripper takes a look back at some of the most stunning silhouettes. Which celebrity wedding dress is your favorite?
1) Eva Longoria— On the luckiest day of the century, the Desperate Housewives star stepped into a pair of Sergio Rossi shoes before walking down the aisle of the Church of Saint Germain l’Auxerrois in an ethereal Angel Sanchez creation of silk wool and georgette organza, its beauty emphasized with silver metallic embroidery. A 10 ft. long train provided romantic drama as the star walked past 250 guests.
2) Kate Walsh— Guests standing at the pews inside the Ojai Presbyterian Church could see the sparkle of the Private Practice star’s diamond and platinum Neil Lane earrings as she walked down the aisle in an ultra-feminine lace Monique Lhuillier frock created with three-quarter sleeves.
3) Katherine Heigl— Although official wedding photos of the bride on her wedding day will not be seen until the first week in January, no top 10 list would be complete without a mention of one of the most talked about celebrity wedding dresses of the year– the Emmy Award winner’s white silk faille, off-the-shoulder Oscar De La Renta creation.
4) Kristin (Veitch) Dos Santos— Accustomed to shining a spotlight on TV’s brightest talent, the E! columnist was the star of the show as wedding guests Daniel Dae Kim (Lost), Masi Oka (Heroes) and the voice of Gossip Girl, Kristen Bell, watched the bride walk down the aisle in a strapless, lace-embellished Monique Lhuillier creation. Accented with a champagne-hued sash, the addition of a bracelet and earrings by jeweler Alan Friedman provided an extra element of glamour.
5) Giuliana (DePandi) Rancic— Bridesmaids in yellow chiffon BCBG dresses walked down the aisle of Anacapri’s Santa Sophia Church before the E! News host made her grand entrance in an elegant two-piece ensemble by Monique Lhuillier, which was composed of the designer’s signature re-embroidered lace on the bodice and a skirt of cascading white silk.
6) Rebecca Romijn— Sporting black bow ties, the bride and groom’s faithful canine companions, Taco and Better, looked on as the Ugly Betty star recited her vows in a body-conscious Ralph Lauren design– a look she paired with Neil Lane jewelry.
7) Ana Ortiz— Ugly Betty cast member Ashley Jensen surely thought back to her own 2007 nuptials as she watched the bride walk down the aisle in a lace-accented Monique Lhuillier gown designed with an open back and a champagne-hued sash.
8) Paulina Rubio— The transparent silk layers of the singer’s Rosa Clara gown gave The Golden Girl an ethereal aura as left the San Fransisco of Assisi Chapel on the grounds of the Xcarete Eco Theme Park on the arm of her newly-dubbed husband, Nicolas “Colate” Vallejo-Najera.
9) Laila Ali— The former Dancing with the Stars competitor waltzed down the aisle in a strapless, champagne-hued creation by Amy Michelson. At the waist, star-shaped broaches fastened to the gown’s silk charmeuse fabric drew all eyes to the boxer’s sleek physique.
10) Claire Forlani— A shower of pink and yellow petals rained down on the June bride as she held on to her husband, actor Dougray Scott, and walked out of the Council Common Hall of Plevebovigliana, Italy in a pair of Jimmy Choo stilettos that harmonized with her refined white gown by Junko Yoshioka for Bonaparte-NY.