As we say good-bye to 2007, Lovetripper takes a look back at the globetrotting twosomes who enjoyed a destination “I do.”
1) Eva Longoria and Tony Parker— Following a romantic pre-wedding trip to Disneyland Paris and a cruise along the Seine in a bateau-mouche, the Desperate Housewives star found herself at the entrance of the Church of Saint Germain l’Auxerrois on July 7, 2007, deemed the luckiest day of the century. Wearing a pair of Sergio Rossi shoes, the bride walked down a rose-sprinkled aisle toward the NBA great for a ceremony conducted in both English and French.
2) Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar— After saying “I do” at Sudley Castle, the actress/model celebrated her new husband’s heritage with a second wedding in Jodhpur, India. Umaid Bhavan Palace provided a regal backdrop as the groom arrived on the back of a white horse and made his way to the Fountain Courtyard, where the ceremony was held.
3) Giuliana DePandi and Bill Rancic— Wishing her wedded life to be rich in happiness, residents living on Anacapri tossed coins at the bride as she walked with her father toward Santa Sophia Church, where the E! News host joined the groom at the altar for a multi-lingual ceremony.
4) Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley— Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers and T.R. Knight were among the guests who flew to Park City, Utah to witness their Grey’s Anatomy cast mate exchange vows with her love of the past three years. Family and friends enjoyed Christmas cookies at the holiday happening, which took place in a tent on the grounds of the Stein Ericksen Lodge.
5) Ana Ortiz— As her Ugly Betty cast mates America Ferrera, Ashley Jensen and Mark Indelicato looked on, Ana Ortz received a wedding band from Noah Lebenzon to accompany her cushion cut diamond engagement ring as the couple stood on the veranda of the Hotel Horned Dorset Primavera, a 52-guest room retreat in Rincon, Puerto Rico which overlooks an 8-acre expanse of golden sands.
6) Ioan Gruffudd— As waves rushed up to the sandy shore, the Sea of Cortez seemed to applaud the union of the Fantastic Four star and actress Alice Evans, who exchanged vows during a ceremony held on the sands of the One & Only Palmilla Hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico.
7) Tobey Maguire— Spider-man and Jennifer Meyer chose to celebrate their love with an intimate “I do” on the Hawaiian island of Kona. According to reports, Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas were among the stars invited to the ceremony.
8) Rod Stewart— A small boat took the Grammy Award winner and his bride to The Lady Ann Magee, the groom’s yacht, which bore the newlyweds away from the Villa Durazza in Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy after their civil ceremony.
9) Jordana Brewster— The actress, who lost her heart to producer Andrew Form on the set of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, wore a heart-shaped necklace on the day she received a wedding band to accompany her 3.2-carat emerald-cut diamond Peter Atman engagement ring during an outdoor ceremony held on the Caribbean island of Nevis.
10) Montel Williams— Sunlight danced on Tara Fowler’s Tallarico diamond earrings as she pledged her love to the talk show host on the blush pink sands at Tucker’s Point Club on the Caribbean island of Bermuda.